586,058 active members*
4,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ - router/mill work on HDPE sheet

I need a HDPE sheet (2" thick 20" wide 20" long) cut with a simple design. Please see the PDF below, this will be a one off until i perfect the design then i will need around 5 of them.

Thank you
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike,

Are you supplying the material and your location (for shipping cost).

Thanks,
    Laz

Mike,
    Do you have a specific HDPE in mind? Do the (4) deep corners need to be sharp?
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by dpryor View Post
    Mike,
    Do you have a specific HDPE in mind? Do the (4) deep corners need to be sharp?
    I am sorry to everyone that has read the post i am very new to this and i missed a few details, but i am learning from these mistakes.

There is only 1 critical dimension to my design and that is the depth on the second cutout (the one with the 4 circles) that needs to be as close to a .25" as possible aside from that nothing else is critical all corners can be rounded.

as for the HDPE it really just a cost issue that pushed me to use HDPE, the original plan was to use delron or Teflon but at close to 900$ for that size of a plate it WAY outside my price range.

If anyone knows of a good material that i can use for this project i will gladly switch i am hoping to get these items down for about 50 to 100$ a unit that includes material (not including shipping)

The qualities i am looking for in the material are:
    can hold back water (the part will be filled with just simple water)
    can handle mild grinding ( the part will be used to grind down a stone plate to a connect size and i need it to hold out for about 4 or 5 stones tiles before i need to replace the part)

i am sorry if i made it out to be a huge project i can see anyone with a hobby level CNC router being able to run this part for me.

Thank you
    Mike

Project is on Hold for redesign of part i did not realize that HDPE can be so expensive.

Thanks for all the help
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Egonsith View Post
    Project is on Hold for redesign of part i did not realize that HDPE can be so expensive.

Thanks for all the help
    Mike

If you hunt around on McMaster-Carr HDPE appears to me the cheapest plastic type material in that size at around $200, even PVC is more expensive. What about a hardwood and sealing it? You could probably shop around and beat that McMaster price by 25% or so.