586,682 active members*
2,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

collet nose dimensions

Does anyone know where I can find the a2-8 and a2-6 collet nose dimensions. with bolt circle dims.?

I have 4 or 5 a2-6 collet chucks and I dont use for those anymore except on my haas rotary table, however I have a a2-8 spindle on my present lathe with no collet chuck.
    I was thinking of making an adapter plate, just dont know if it will work until I see the dimensions. or I am going to have to buy a a2-8 nose.

Delw

The collet chuck mfg.'s like Royal, Powerhold and Hardinge etc. usually have those dim.'s on there web sites and catalog tech. sections.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

I had looked quickly this am didnt find anything, there was a post on here that someone posted a link to workholding.com with a dimension page, but that was in 2007/8 and the link for that page didnt work..

I will try again tonight when I get some time.

I have the old prints somehere as we used to make a2-6 and a2-8 collet chucks back in the early 90s and late 80s but I cant find them. as easy as I thought. I had every dimension and almost every machine adapter nut drawing all the mot and setup sheets heat treat specs grind specs etc etc. as I designed them and did them on the side when I worked for another machineshop. it was a pretty good deal and some hitachi dealers bought them direct from us, I never throw out anything its just organizing stuff so I can find it after the first day. LOL

Its in the machinist handbook.

I found them for mills but nothing for lathes I have 23rd edition handy. Also cant find the collet tapers and I am almost sure thats where I got my org info from for the tapers , maybe just a different or newer edition.

Thanks I will look some more.
    Delw