Have Okuma twin chuck with OSP7000L with a strange problem.
On restart on sub spindle, the chuck opens and closes by itself when sequence restart button is pressed. But only when restarting from the 2nd tool and then only sometimes. Maybe 50% of the time it will stuff up but it's totally random. If I restart from the beginning of the 2nd end (first tool) the program runs fine and the chuck stays closed always. Unfortunately when the chuck opens the part falls out of the chuck so I get around it by just running the part to the end and if restart is required I run it from the beginning of the 2nd end on sub spindle. Getting a bit sick of constant Okuma issues :-/
Has anyone heard of such B.S. on any CNC machine? And a solution?
Okuma guys were consulted but no idea how to solve it.

I've kind of given up hope it can be fixed but thought I would amuse everyone with yet another Okuma issue that can't be solved. We're ordering a NL2500 soon so I guess it'll be OK Until Mori Arrives :-D
Gotta love those Okumas purely for the entertainment value ;-)

btw, I read a very funny thread about Multus B300W. Very entertaining. We have 3 of them and I refused to work them right from the start (5 years ago). The poor bastard that got stuck with it has had nightmares ever since he started. Took 6 months to get them running when installed from new (and I mean literally 6 months. no parts were produced in that time, machines sitting in factory doing nothing for 6 months while problems were fixed and fixed and fixed etc), multiple mechanical and electrical issues, throwing out tools (loved that photo of the thrown out tool stuck in the door in that thread haha!), switch problems, alarms up the wazoo every few days, runs for a few days then down with some issue for 2 weeks. Then repeat that for 5 years. I'm pretty sure the Okuma service guys have bought a 3 storey mansion just down the road from our factory and a couple of twin turbo Mercs with the money they got from coming in and doing repairs every day for 5 years so they can get here faster ;-)