586,892 active members*
4,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

"Mach Pro 7" - New Screenset!

Ive been a lurker on the zone for awhile, but havent made many posts. Anyway, like alot of folks, I find most of the screen sets for the Mach software to be incredibly gaudy. Most look like they were made in MS Paint and the like. One of the only exceptions is the Mach 3 2010 screenset. This is a very nice one. However, I decided it didnt fit my own personal needs for a few reasons. One of the main ones was that I wanted a screenset to look windows like (which it does), but keep with the look of a CNC controller rather than a regular windows program. I wanted a combination of both. Also, I tend to love the Microsoft 2007-2010 ribbon bar look in their programs. It allows for great organization, as well as consistency between layouts. Lastly, I wanted a less cluttered look than the stock screenset and most of the others ones, while still keeping basically the same controls - just better organized.

So, yesterday I started creating what im calling the "Mach Pro 7" screenset. Anyway, here is a quick screenshot. I will be looking for beta testers that are high level users. Funny enough, I dont even have my CNC finished yet. I have 3/4 of a mill and 3/4 of a router/plasma table built so I will need people to test the screenset for me until I can test it myself. Shoot me an email at mike @ metriccustoms . ca if you would like to be a Beta tester when its ready.

I was thinking about charging for the screenset, but I may just offer it for free, as well as the photoshop layers file so people can tool around in it. If you feel you like it enough, then you can make a donation to my paypal account, if you dont, you are still free to use it. I may eventually create an accompanying iPhone app (for control and possibly remote camera viewing)

Oh, I almost forgot to add..... this screenset is geared toward 1280x1024. Noone seems to be embracing any resolution other than 1024x768, and for those of us with 17"+ monitors, regular screensets look horrible. Also, I designed it with touchscreen capabilities in mind (large buttons, menus, etc.) but it obviously still works great with a mouse and keyboard.

Anyway...on to the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

Nice looking screen set Mike! I wish my CNC machine was further along, I'd be happy to test it.

Very nice indeed!

I'm so far from a high level user it's not funny, so I won't even volunteer to beta it - but would like to get ahold of it when it's done.

did you finshed this screen?

Looks great, would like to try it out.

Re: "Mach Pro 7" - New Screenset!

Hi Mikemaat
    Is your trial of a new screenset dead or is it possible to try it?
    Really like the look of it.
    Regards
    Per

Re: "Mach Pro 7" - New Screenset!

Sorry guys, this skin is dead in the water. I was going to post up the PSD files for it and let the community do what they want with what was finished so far but I somehow managed to delete/lose them. Sorry all...