586,655 active members*
2,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > How to get G154 P1 to display on screen

How to get G154 P1 to display on screen

Just got a new VM2 :banana:
    So one of the things that is different from my last new Haas is the program numbering system. No more G110-129 Now G154 P1-99, more programs!
    Problem is how to get the P1-99 to display on the page. I can get the G54-59 and G154 no problem. But cant get the P number to display
    Any ideas?
    Gary

Do you want to see P or coordinates?
    if you call G110 still work
    But the reason of having P1 to..........is to have more work offsets
    if you call them like that G154 PXX you will see coordinates active
    try it on MDI and you will see
    Robby

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Parts View Post
    Just got a new VM2 :banana:
    So one of the things that is different from my last new Haas is the program numbering system. No more G110-129 Now G154 P1-99, more programs!
    Problem is how to get the P1-99 to display on the page. I can get the G54-59 and G154 no problem. But cant get the P number to display
    Any ideas?
    Gary
    G110 - G129 still work but are not displayed as such. They will correspond with P1 - P20.

What screen are you trying to see them in?
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

What screen are you trying to see them in?
    Thanks for the reply's guys.
    Ken, Any screen would be great. As I just got this and this new look is..new..I was hoping that I just didn't have the correct screen up.
    But the local has been trying with their simulator with no luck.
    So I am to assume that no one thought that it might be nice to know which work offset the machine is in/and or running?? Really?

G110 - G129 still work but are not displayed as such. They will correspond with P1 - P20.
    Not sure what you mean by this, but I will be running that machine later today and will try the older work offsets to see what will happen.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Load this program and press Cycle Start, there are no machine moves. It will cycle through a few work coordinates with a 1 second delay in between. Press CURNT COMDS, then press PAGE DOWN a few times. As you browse the various screens you will see the G154 Px displayed on several screens.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Parts View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this, but I will be running that machine later today and will try the older work offsets to see what will happen.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    For certain software versions, the machine would display both the G110 - G129 work offsets along side the first 20 of the G154 P1-99 work offsets.

Meaning G110 was the same as G154 P1
    G111 = G154 P2
    Etc.

Your could call them up either way and you still can, but the newer software does not display G110 - G129. It only shows the P numbers.

Ken,
    Thanks, I am just about to fire that one up and will try your program

For certain software versions, the machine would display both the G110 - G129 work offsets along side the first 20 of the G154 P1-99 work offsets.
    Ok, they were talking me through this on the phone the other day. They said that the old (G110-G129) would be displayed in parenthesis next to the P numbers. But they are not. I must have the new and improved software :tired:
    Thanks I will report back,
    Gary

Ken,
    Good call. I stuck a Mo in between the P#'s in your program so I could watch them cycle through.
    I found the page you were speaking of..finally..It will also show up in handle jog mode as well. Thanks! :cheers:

My machine had many air leaks that I did not notice until "after" the tech left..of course. (chair)
    Where the air comes in, there is a bunch of valves and manifolds on the back of that Cabinet. All of these have a red thread sealant that comes off like a real thin powder. Almost everyone leaked. I had to remove and put some proper thread sealant on them. Also a half dozen or so inside the cabinet on the air gauge itself.
    So now we are looking good there...But what I didn't notice..or its a new one, but I did not shut the valve off the other night. Leaked out 200 gallons of air in 6 hours
    The leak is somewhere behind the tool changer..great..at least the others were easy to get too. I might need to start a new thread if I cant find it but anybody know where this latest leak could be?
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2789.jpg  

On the topic of air leaks

I ran into a lot of leaks on an air system I had installed (found them after I had paid the bill unfortunately).

Rather than take everything apart I got some capillary thread locker, Loctite 290 I think, and went round dosing every connection with a little squirt when the system was not under pressure. Worked like a charm except on one or two fittings that I found were barely even finger tight. Sure saved a lot of time.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Geof,
    Capillary thread locker, I have not heard of that one. That could come in real handy.

Also to be fair I should note on the air leaks I found..if I had called the HFO and complained they would have fixed them. But I didn't. They are across the mountain and a 600 mile round trip. As a former pipefitter (yes I used to work for a living) it was almost fun..almost

Thanks,
    Gary

Just make sure you only drip it on parts you need locked. I had the bright idea once to lock a plug in an electrical socket. It worked and insulated it so I had to replace the socket. Another time I got a drop on the stem of a dial gauge.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Just make sure you only drip it on parts you need locked. I had the bright idea once to lock a plug in an electrical socket. It worked and insulated it so I had to replace the socket. Another time I got a drop on the stem of a dial gauge.
    Ouch! Hard lessons.

Good info on the capilary thread locker though.:cheers: