586,617 active members*
2,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Accuracy Issues with Warthog and Mach3
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed3XP View Post
    X and Y is at 3.4 Amps, Z is like 3.0.

The PC is a 1ghz unknown what kind. its a Mini ITX motherboard.

I agree on getting one axis working at a time, my question still is tho, how do i fix it? i have been running them one at a time, still has issues. I can move it back and forth all day long, and it keeps getting farther and farther away from the home pos. What exactly should I be doing, with each single axis, to try to fix it?
    Hi,
    Check an axis by entering a set distance move into the MDI eg "g01 f10 x50" (metric)
    the feed rate should be set low enough to visually inspect the drivetrain looking at the coupling etc.
    Mark the start point and expected endpoint, if the result does not correspond then either the drive is loosing pulses or the mechanics are amiss.
    Try turning the motors by hand (without power) and feel for binding or friction.
    Further action will require some electrical diagnostic equipment... what are your capabilities in this area?

Andrew

So what fixed it was another computer. Now I got a 2.6 celeron with 2gb of ram desktop. I guess that mini itx board couldn't handle it??? Seems wierd. But all is good now. Thanks for the help guys, I will make a post of the whole machine finished when it is.

So what fixed it was another computer. Now I got a 2.6 celeron with 2gb of ram desktop. I guess that mini itx board couldn't handle it??? Seems wierd. But all is good now. Thanks for the help guys, I will make a post of the whole machine finished when it is.
    Compare the size of the power supplies on each computer and you'll have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zool View Post
    Compare the size of the power supplies on each computer and you'll have the answer.
    I don't believe the power supply has anything to do with it. My old Dell has a 150watt power supply, and runs my machine perfectly fine.

A lot of people run mach3 successfully with Intel Atom PC's with small power supplies too.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I don't believe the power supply has anything to do with it. My old Dell has a 150watt power supply, and runs my machine perfectly fine.

A lot of people run mach3 successfully with Intel Atom PC's with small power supplies too.
    OK. Though 150 watts is a long way from 60-100 watts. But I do defer to your judgement.

And, Gerry, as you are such a clever and knowledgeable fellow, how do I convince my wife that I need one of these to run my ShopDroid CNC: Aleutia H3-R: Fanless Solid State Media PC in Rugged, Sealed Case

My mini itx had a 200 watt power supply

My mini itx had a 200 watt power supply
    Well then I am wrong!! That is one powerful mini itx machine.

I faced a similar problem and did happen when upgrading the pc to dual core 2M cash processor.it took me sometime and trials switching different PCs before
    I come to realize that Mach3 should run on single core with cash 512Kb.
    every thing is ok with axes now .
    regards
    Magdy

Page 2 of 2 12