586,100 active members*
2,762 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Awesome base for Sherline 2000 Mill -- Free to a good home

Awesome base for Sherline 2000 Mill -- Free to a good home

I am moving, and no longer need an AWESOME base that I had made for my Sherline 2000 mill. I want it to find a new home.

You can have it if:

1. You can pick it up soon. I am moving over the weekend, so would prefer someone get it December 23 or 24th 2011. I live in Lowell, Michigan (49331) -- which is just east of Grand Rapids.

2. You promise that you aren't going to sell it on Ebay, or sell it from scrap metal. I could do that, but want someone who would really use it.

A friend at a tool-and-die shop made if for me. It's more than an inch thick metal, heavy. Maybe two. Never seems to show any signs of rust or discoloration, so the materia is very nice. Seems almost polished. Maybe stainless? Not sure.

Has holes drilled and tapped to hold the mill base, as well as a series of holes drilled and countersunk from the bottom to allow you to move the column back in one inch increments by removing it from the sherline base and attaching it directly to this new base. You can really extend the Y axis movement this way, as well as adding stability and rigidity.

It is heavy. I can lift it, but just.

First person that can pick it up by the weekend can have it. Email me directly at carl.lance at gmail dot com

Carl Lance

i live too far away to pick it up, but could you post a picture? I just got a sherline and I haven't made a base for it yet