586,961 active members*
2,694 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mori nv5000 inverter alarm

I have a mori nv5000 that keeps giving me an inverter alarm during tool change. Not every time though.The machine keeps stopping half way through the tool change cycle as it tries to remove the tool from the spindle. it seems to keep doing it between the same two tools. I have changed out tool holders, thinking maybe somthing was binding, Changed magazine positions, Taken draw bar out cleaned and replaced, Everything mechanically SEEMS to functioning properly. When it generates the alarm I go to custom-atc and easily bring the arm back to home position and restart the program.....What else can I try?.......HELP.

Your home position switch is not switching fast enough more than likely. Next Time it gives you the alarm, get all the alarm data, off the inverter for the atc as well. A loss of spindle orientation will do that as well.

inverter box shows oc3 alarm
    pulls 8.3-8.4 amps during tool change

When you had the draw bar out, did you replace all of the orings? Did you disassemble it and make sure the main shaft wasn't scored? Broken springs? Those drawbars are notorious for needing orings after a few years, they swell up. How much does the tool kick out when you press tool unclamp, not the air pushing it out, the drawbar is supposed to make contact with the knob. Push is about .03. Did you remove any oil lines on the unclamp cyl when you removed it? How are the atc claws, put a straight edge on the top of them and make sure they are still flat. Step the atc through manually until it just grabs the tool in the spindle, make sure the drive keys line up on the spindle. Note if the tool groove lines up with the atc claw. Common for people to smash the z axis and not re check alignments. Does it do it at the same pot number each time? Could have a bad or bent pot on the atc. Check the pot up and down, does it transfer smoothly or is it trying to force the magazine in a certain direction as the pot swing down in to the locking holder. And check the pot up and down switches for adjustment and they work smooth. A loss of pot down will stop the atc mid stroke.

we adjusted the clamp\umclamp switches, It appeared that for a split second they were both made. Running since with no problems. Looks like you led us in the right direction with checking those switches. Hope thats all it was. Thanks greatly for your help with this.

Well, it very well could be. Glad you got it. Mori does there best to protect against damage, so any switch on the atc system will stop the arm, however I'm surprised it didn't give a tool unclamp failure alarm.

hello

I need know how to adjust the tool magazine and which deviate a half a pot.
    moriseki nv5000
    thanks