Hi everyone....
We have a Hardinge turning centre with Fanuc 0 control. We bought it as a old running machine from Canada. We pluged the machine here in India, machine was ready for operation after few problems but after around 1 hour machine got off with red light on power supply unit. Then we repaired the power supply as its circuit was blown because of overheating because of overload as told by the person who repaired it. Now second time we connected power supply and carefully checked everything before turning it ON again...
The connection of I/O board was done after checking any abnormal condition. checked the 24+, 24E, 5V, 12V after connecting the I/O board connection, everything was looking okay, but the power supply got heat up again and fried again after 1 hour....
so now questions arrising are...
1 Is there any short circuit in the machine but in that case it shouldn't get ON and should show red light as we ON the machine..
2. This could be problem because of input power supply connection? checked input supply which is through stabilizer and through 415 to 200 V transformer.. Machine didn't came with transformer so we connected a spare transformer from other machine. After checking the supply it shows 214V all phase to phase but when checked with earth there is 115 V at R and Y and 135V at B phase. This could be a problem? generaly all transformers for CNC machine are connected star at input side and delta at output side but this transformer we connected is star to star, whereas delta at ouput is done to balance the load. is this could be the problem because of unbalanced power supply..?
3. Or the power supply is not of proper amperes? because we don't know that this is the original one which came when the machine was new. May be someone has changed the power supply before supplying the machine. Power supply which is getting problem now is A16B-1212-0100-01. May be this power supply is underrated for the machine. We didn't get any manual with this machine, now how to check the power rating of this power supply..?
please help here...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2