586,667 active members*
3,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > CNC Gantry from eBay "matzcnc"...comments/experience?

CNC Gantry from eBay "matzcnc"...comments/experience?

New member here. Not new to metalwork, but new to cnc plasma. I've got the Everlast PP60c and looking to get a 4'x4' CNC setup. I like the looks of this one on eBay sold by "matzcnc". He uses 80/20 aluminum, v-groove rollers/tracks, and price is right. I can build the table and waterbed no problemo.

NEW 4' x 4' CNC PLASMA CUTTING SYSTEM Just add table and hand held cutter | eBay

Just wondering anyone's thoughts/comments/experiences with this seller or design. Good bang for the $? Better deals out there?

My intent is for making off/on-road buggy parts, atv parts, jeep parts, bracketry, etc for my own use as well as some artsy stuff from medium gauge sheet to 3/8" plate. I've got a tubing bender, mill/lathe, MIG, and other basics already, so a cnc plasma table would really open up my capabilities for my hobby. Might make a few $'s off some custom stuff, too, if time allows.

Thank you in advance!

Exclamation

Update...it's the same people at viperplasma.com.

I was trying to figure out what model they've got on eBay versus their VPR4848R1T and VPR4848R1TT. The "T" goes for $2350 (no torch or table) and the "TT" for $2,995 (no torch). Both require $190 s/h. Then the one on eVilBay is $2695 free shipping. The one on eBay seems to be the "T", so buying direct from their site saves you $155.

Also, where is the best place/price for a fully-licensed version of Mach3 and SheetCam? Or even a ''pirated'' version (for play, not business).

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DMoneyAllstar View Post
    Also, where is the best place/price for a fully-licensed version of Mach3 and SheetCam? Or even a ''pirated'' version (for play, not business).

-Dan
    why would you ever need a pirated version for play? the demo lets you work but only up too 500 lines or so.

but anyways jk i looked and looked online for it too. on my table I mostly cut small brackets, gussets and other small items for race cars. on the demo version i can handle these easy as most are under 500 lines. I have started cutting more stuff that needs a lot more line of code and finaly broke down and purchased both sheetcam and mach. but you can def start out with the demos for now if you are just cutting small items for off road