586,700 active members*
3,257 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fog Buster

Smile Fog Buster

Has anyone tryed the new Fog Buster Coolant Sprayers ? Thinking hard about get one.

Quote Originally Posted by david parkhurst View Post
    Has anyone tryed the new Fog Buster Coolant Sprayers ? Thinking hard about get one.
    I have been using them since 2004. I had a dual nozzle on each of my CNC machining centers, and I had a single nozzle on my conventional mill. And I have a dual nozzle for my PCNC1100.

For surfacing, facing and side cutting you can't beat them, but I haven't had much luck when pocketing, drilling or tapping. It just seems at that low pressure, there just is not enough volume for thise processes.

The company is right here in town, so I think I'll go down and pick their brain a little bit, maybe they can give me a clue.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Fog Buster

I have a 770 PCNC with a dual head Fogbuster and have been happy with my choice for what I do. One reason I bought a Fogbuster is I knew I would only be using the CNC intemitently for hobby use and didn't want an open tank of coolant smelling things up.

Another thing I have found useful is that when using Carbide tools, I can turn off the coolant and just have an airblast which gets rid of the chips, saves coolant, and does not have the potental for cooling shock as can happen with flood cooling (can a 770 really push a carbide end mill that hard??).

I do quite a bit of engraving in 2 layer plastic and found that if I turn off the Fog buster, the edges of the engraving are jagged and not cut cleanly but when I turn on the coolant it comes out nice and crisp so must be doing some good.

One downside is that you have to make sure the nozzles are pointed at the tool tip which changes with different tools but I think that is true for most coolant systems in this league.

Bruce