587,256 active members*
2,823 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Considering Chinese CNC Purchase

Hi,

I've been looking into purchasing a new cnc router in the UK and having looked at all the options here and in Europe, US and China, I am now leaning strongly towards the chinese machines. This is mainly due to the excellent price and also the helpful feedback on this forum.

However, despite a lot of good feedback here, this seems like a high risk purchase. I've read about a few minor problems which are easily fixed, but also some more major ones. I just looked up "Excitech CNC" on youtube and the first machine that came up appeared to have major alignment problems which I think would be difficult to resolve. I'm now wondering how likely major problems are and whether they would be resolved by the manufacturer.

I'm looking for a 1200 x 1200mm working area machine and there appears to be a choice between ball screw and rack and pinion drive. Is one better than the other? The machine will be used for cutting MDF, but I have been told that I can use either 'woodworking' or 'advertising' machines for this. Also, I was wondering which manufacturer is best as their machines all look the same or very similar.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Richard.

hello

I am a owner of a excitech cnc and i'm happy with mY cnc....i buyed it 3 yars ago...no major problem till now.....the price is the best.
    My advice is to go with rack and pinion drive for x ans y axis and ball for z...steel framework.. a vaccum tabe it will save you alot of time prepering the material's for cutting and if you cut mdf you realy have to buy a industrial vaccum cleaner ....the major diference betwin the 'woodworking' or 'advertising' is 1 the 'woodworking' cnc have a biger z hight about 200mm ans i advice on this one becaus you might upgrade the cnc on future with a 4th axis or you will do 2.5d job's and you will need clearence.......
    Sorry for may bad english!!!!:rainfro:

buying a 1200 x 1200 from china

Hi did you buy a router ?....

I have decided to buy a router from strong I have sent the money and now the long nail bitting wait begins

I found this company all over the net so It might be ok we will see

John

Hi Richard,
    I recently purchased a Chinese 1212 Router. Minor problems with the machine, but the software is something diabolical. Unless you can read chinese that is. Specify compatiblity with Mach3, Deskcnc or anything written in English! I am looking at changing the operating system. Does anybody have experience of this?
    Dave

on a simple note most all of your responses were salesmen!
    jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Hi Jim,
    Funny how they appear out of the woodwork, isn't it?(Pun intended). Until something doesn't work, that is, then they blame your lack of knowledge! As they have provided no manuals, tutorials etc, is that surprising? And the ability to understand English disappears. Ask 3 questions, maybe they will answer something related to one of them! (if you are lucky)
    Cheers
    Dave

Cool Gweike Chinese CNC

Hi,

I want to buy a CNC router for woodworking with special specifications (like 250mm Z axis) from Gweike.

I bought a Lasercutter LG900 from them this January and I am very happy with it. I am also very pleased with their support and after sales contact!

Any experience on these CNC routers? Any other suggestions for similar CNC makers?

Thanks

Hi, Richard, i guess you guys have bought the machine you want already, but i also can show some vidoe about wood laser cutting, if you are interesting, you can go to check out.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm3l0YnxbHk"]YouTube- JG-4185 1mm Wood Deep laser Engraving -wood laser engraving machine manufacturer.flv[/nomedia]

Hi Guys, A word of warning, have nothing to do with Senfeng Laser or Matt Dwin technologies (they appear to be the same). Rubbish machine and software, no backup!
    Dave

Hello,
    and, did you get the router? how was the shipment/receiving? was it seafreight? how dit the handling at the receiving port go? what company did you buy the router from? I am interested in a 1212. Are you satisfied with the machine once you have it?
    best regards
    Rene

Hi Rene,
    Yes I got a piece of rubbish. I was dealing with Matt Dwin of Senfeng Laser. What he didn't tell me was that during the time I was talking to him, he left them and started his own business. So I got a machine? a prototype I suspect! No manuals, the software in Chinese etc. The steppers were 2-pole instead of 4-pole, y-axis rumbles, etc. I have had it for a month, an Italian spindle motor morphed into Chinese!. I have got it working but, it took longer than building a 2m x 3m router from scrach! I have replaced the steppers, etc. Honestly if I had no experience of cnc routers, I would have given up! Senfeng have been as helpful as they can be, which is more than I can say for Matt Dwin Technologies! Promises you cannot eat, bank or trade! Before you buy, contact the company e-mail to ensure all is upfront, and use paypal.
    Ok I got all the paperwork by TNT couriers, it was prepayed to Johannesburg, the shock came when I was charged $972, for unpacking, and repacking in Durban. Even my clearance agent was disgusted at the charges.

Do all your homework, especially ask for references from local users, and transport charges (see other threads for experiences).

Happy routing
    Dave

I did get my machine

Hi I did get my machine it took 5 months and I they don't tell you you have to pay the port charges nearly 1000 pound more then when it got here I had to pay
    a technician a hole day to install the software no instructions but now it all seems fine so now its been six months and I need to sell it if I would have had it earlier I could have kept it buy making money with it oh well a lesson learned if anyone is interested its here in the UK working and now with some backup its a 12x12 strong with a 1500 watt inverter spindle water cooled and a hand held dsb

regards John

Beware of the Chinese products!! No service, no backup, sell your soul to the DEVIL

Please contact [email protected] for help

Dear Friend,

I am Shaban from Senfeng Laser. We are different company from Matt Dwin Tech Technologies. I think you may face with technical support. Please look for me. I can help u. Senfeng Laser will shoulder responsibility. Do not worry.

Shaban Liu
    Jinan Senfeng Technology Co.,Ltd
    Jinan Senfeng Technology Co.,Ltd
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU-X2WSkYY4]Jinan Senfeng Technology Co.,Ltd (CNC Router & Laser Machine Company) - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Elliot View Post
    Hi Guys, A word of warning, have nothing to do with Senfeng Laser or Matt Dwin technologies (they appear to be the same). Rubbish machine and software, no backup!
    Dave