587,058 active members*
3,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Retrieve programs from auto buffer.

Retrieve programs from auto buffer.

Hello.
    I was running a program on my OSP P200L, and while this program was running, i sat down to do some edit on another program.
    The problem is that i accidently overwrited the running program.
    And before I saw this, I was transfering it to the control.
    And now, I have my program in the buffer, and the wrong one in MD1.
    Are there any possibillity to retrieve the program or find it any place, or must I start all over again?

I don't know a way to backup the program in the buffer but you can read it on the screen and scroll it and write it down on paper then type it in again. if it's not a complicated program it's quicker to re-write it from scratch using IGF or CAM software.

I wonder that since it is a P200 control system, could you possibly copy and paste from the main screen using windows commands to copy the currently running program text into another file?
    Might be able to scroll down one page at a time and copy / paste each screen load...?
    Just a thought, nothing to lose by giving it a shot!
    Cheers
    Brian.

I don't think there's an easy way to access the CNC program screen from Windows.
    The copy/paste may be available in edit mode but there is no stored program to edit.

Yep, without going out to the machine to try it, I would imagine that you are correct.
    Usually once a program is deleted or overwritten as described above, you are screwed.

I suppose you could screen capture each page then run it through OCR if you were desperate. Acrobat X Pro does a really nice job of converting a graphic scan (or photo of text) to searchable text.
    But I still say it's easier to scroll the program manually in memory mode and write it down on paper then type it back in if it's only a few screens.