586,690 active members*
3,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 77 of 91 2767757677787987
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Eric , a little advice if you don't mind .

I need to design my gantry now .
    I v'e build the base with the x-axis slides and a t-slot plate .
    And I've build a z-axis .

So now I need to build the gantry to connect them both .

My z axis assembly has a travel of 100mm (4inches) , give or take .
    Does that mean I have to build the gantry to have the lowest point of the z axis 4 inches above
    the t-slot plate ?
    And then the holder with the spindle maybe 3 or 3.5 inches above the t-slot plate with the z axis in it's lowest position .

Pat

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Hey Widgetmaster,
    Was beginning to wonder about you as your team had not posted in a few days. But I see the wait was well worth it.
    You guys rock.
    Thanks Bubba!
    I've had several Dr. appointments in the last week, and my foot is healing nicely! So far I've had six Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments, they have accelerated the healing of my foot, as well as my brain injuries! One of the things I miss the most as a result of the motorcycle accident, is working in my shop cutting metal!

In my spare time, I've been planning a new build! A serious, all machined aluminum CNC ! That has a work area of 25" x 25" x 6", just big enough to make the 24" diameter plaques!
    When done, I may sell Big Red, as it's too big for my 2-car garage! it will take many months to complete all the parts, but it will be fast and extra strong!
    So far, the CAD files are finished! Now its time to hunt for all the components & materials!

The machine will look like this one, but much bigger! The one in the picture has a work area of 15" x 14" x 6"
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by stragenmitsuko View Post
    Eric , a little advice if you don't mind .

I need to design my gantry now .
    I v'e build the base with the x-axis slides and a t-slot plate .
    And I've build a z-axis .

So now I need to build the gantry to connect them both .

My z axis assembly has a travel of 100mm (4inches) , give or take .
    Does that mean I have to build the gantry to have the lowest point of the z axis 4 inches above
    the t-slot plate ?
    And then the holder with the spindle maybe 3 or 3.5 inches above the t-slot plate with the z axis in it's lowest position .

Pat

Hello Pat!
    When I design a machine, I start with the desired work area. Then I make all the components fit!
    The spindle without a router bit usually stops 25mm above the top plate.
    The spindle also slides in it's holder allowing future adjustments too! (assuming the spindle is round)

The z-axis travel should be equal or grater than the distance between the top plate and the bottom of the gantry!
    This allows for bigger materials or a vise for holding small parts!

The side plates of the gantry need to be rigid enough to counter the force of the rotating cutter.
    Flimsy side plates, and you can only take shallow cuts!
    Hope this helps Pat!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Here's some more progress!

We had the honor of making one for the 508 Parachute Infantry's 75th anniversary party!

you guys keep getting better and better!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

For the last month, I've been going for Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments, the chamber is huge, seats twelve, and dives to a pressure of 2x atmospheres! It can also be used as a vacuum chamber for astronaut & pilot training! This enables me to breathe pure oxygen under pressure, which has a amazing healing effect on the human body! My foot & my brain are healing fast! So far I've had 11x treatments, plan on going for a full 40x

So I decided to make the clinic a nice set of plaques!

Widgetmaster,
    The plaques look fantastic and I am sure they will be displayed in a prominent place.
    Most importantly, am glad to hear the treatments are having the desired effect. Hang in there, your a fighter and will survive.
    Art

Widgetmaster,
    The plaques look fantastic and I am sure they will be displayed in a prominent place.
    Most importantly, am glad to hear the treatments are having the desired effect. Hang in there, your a fighter and will survive.
    Thank You !
    I've been getting out of the wheelchair a lot more, and walking is getting easier & less painful!
    Widgit

Hey Widgit, Glad to see your still kicking, plaques look great. As always keep up the good work and drink LOTS of water !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
    Hey Widgit, Glad to see your still kicking, plaques look great. As always keep up the good work and drink LOTS of water !!!
    Thanks ZipSnipe !

Here is another finished one!

Widgetmaster,

Thanks Bubba!

Ok Bubba!
    Here's another one, hot off the table from Big Red!

How's this Bubba!
    We made a special plaque for a Soldier's Wife!

Happy Veteran's Day too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1985.JPG  

Now I have a matched set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1983.JPG   IMG_1989.jpg   IMG_1984.jpg  

Widgetmaster,
    You have honored another part of our Service family that seldom gets recognized for their part in making things happen. I am sure it will be cherished and appreciated by the recipient.

And while we are at it, THANK YOU for your service that you did and are still doing.
    Art

Happy Veteran's Day to All!

I have decided it would be a good idea to post the VCarve PRO source files for these two plaques, I'm sure there are plenty that can make up a few plaques!
    Mine started with a 24" diameter, 1" thick panel, but they can be scaled to fit any size !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1984.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Happy Veteran's Day !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank A Soldier.JPG  

And Thank You for your service!
    Art

Here's what I've been working on for a few days, hope you all like it!

It's only stained at this point, my painter friend is on vacation at this time!
    Think it'll look better when painted?
    What ya think Bubba!

It's 48" x 11 1/4" x 1 1/2" Yellow Pine (aka 2x12)
    Carved 3/4" at deepest point!

VCarvePRO Source file:

I think it is a much better rendition of the jpg that you posted earlier. Can't wait to see how you cohort paints this one up! It has a making of a masterpiece!
    Your works should hang in the Smithsonian as well as many other places of prominence.
    Art

Page 77 of 91 2767757677787987