586,685 active members*
2,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

g0704 wiring pictures

I was trying to get a project finished, so I think I pushed at little too far. The mill powered off, and after a few minutes, I turned her back on, and she ran again for awhile. Then she blew the fuse. When taking off the back panel, I must have let the cord pull too hard, as the white cord from the power line was unplugged. There are a few places that are able to be plugged in, but neither match up with the grizzly wiring diagram I've found. I'm hoping someone else out there might have taken pictures of there wiring. One change I noticed, is that on mine the white wire goes to the power board, however on some, the white wire goes to the fuse.

Here it is. The up to date one. The white wire which is Com. goes to the lug marked B on the ckt board that is mounted to side of the control box.
    CH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G0704 Wiring Diagram.pdf   004.JPG  

Perfect! Thats what I needed, THanks COMachineist

Bummer, now that I've got it plugged back in correctly. As soon as I hit the power button, the fuse blows. I must have fried something pushing too hard.

I'm in need of more help. I was able to get everything wired back up, and the fuse kept popping. I was able to find a good deal on a kbmm-125, so I installed it today, hoping there might be a short in the old controller. No such luck. Everything powers on, as long as I keep the RPM's at 0 everything is fine. Once I start turning the dial up, as soon as it is between 50-100 rpm's the fuse pops. It sounds like the motor is probably drawing too much in order to get it spinning. Am I looking at a motor replacement? Or is there anything in the motor I can check?

kuyote
    Sounds like you have a bad power supply board. That is the one on the side of the electronic box. I have replaced two of those on my G0704 one of those was a bad quality board that had some parts that never got soldered at the factory. Chinese electronics are the lowest quality I have ever seen. That is why I'm putting a Japanese VFD and 3ph motor on mine as soon as I get time. I already have The VFD and doing some research on motors now. Messing around with Treadmill motors and Chinese DC motors is a no win if you want reliability, and power.
    If it is under warranty you can get one from Grizzly.
    Good luck
    CH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	219116I know it's not the way to test capacitors, however the 2 ceramic capacitors on the power supply board show infinite resistance. I'm thinking I can replace these and be back in business. Does anyone have their board out that can ohm test them, and verify they have a connection between the posts?

Ceramic capacitors will ALWAYS measure infinite resistance.... That is a meaningless test.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Thanks Ray, that's what I was afraid of.

I decided to try a treadmill motor to see if my motor could be the problem. I've hooked the treadmill motor up, and when turn the rpm dial up the motor starts to spin, and then stops. If I get the potentiometer to a certain position, the dc motor will turn on for a few seconds, and then shut off, for a few seconds. This will keep repeating. I've swapped the control board for a kbmm-125, and the motor, so the last thing I can replace is the power controller. The kbmm-125 was a used model on Ebay, so it's possible that a jumper or trim might need to be adjusted.

I was able to find my answer to the treadmill motor problem. If there is no load, it will turn off for about 10 seconds. Even resting my thumb on it is enough to add a load to keep it spinning. Now to build a motor mount. No time like the present to put on the belt drive as well.