586,655 active members*
2,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco VM1 ftp issue

Hurco VM1 ftp issue

Hi there

I am having a problem connecting to my Hurco VM1.

I am programming using ONECNC and using Filezilla to transfer programs between the Hurco and a PC.

We were able to do this in the past with no problem. We then got a virus on the Hurco and removed it from the network. Under instruction from Hurco we removed the virus from the hard drive.

To stop this happening again we have put the Hurco onto a separate VLAN to the PC on the same physical network.

At this point we took the opportunity to upgrade our programming PC from an XP computer to a 64bit windows 7 PC in line with our company’s policy.

Since this time we are able to transfer files between the PC and Hurco but on an almost daily basis we end up with a critical error with the connection and the FTP is unable to connect. I think it states there are too many sessions open, it is only one pc connected and the connection is not shut down so it seems odd that too many can be open!!!!!! The only way we have found to correct this is to shut the Hurco down and re-boot it. This gets a bit painful as it can be a couple of times a day.

Please help

Thanks HurcoMan

Is it possible win7 is going into sleep mode and it is losing connection?
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    Yes it is possible it is going to sleep and loosing connection, but I believe it can occur when i have transfered one program and then try to transfer a second. Not positive on that as I am just going on the machine while another guy is on holiday. I will find out later today.

Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    It seems ok for the computer to go to sleep multiple times. The problem happened again when I shut Filezilla by mistake, which I have done several times. When I attempted to transfer a file it gave the error message: The Winmax FTP server has too many users logged on right now. Try again later. I am the only user so I am assuming it is not closing earlier sessions and reaches its limit of connections. Is there anyting I could do on the Hurco to close these old sessions?