587,507 active members*
2,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > HOW:Line Direction change for MANY lines

Hybrid View

Maybe, there is a parameter I am missing in BobCad. One where you could set a limit on the length it uses to find the next point to machine as a function of the distance from last point machined? In my case it would be less than 1" (.0625") actually.

Rob

I found the solution...I think. This may be helpful to others, so I am answering myself and you too, toby.

I splined the lines with arc of .004 accuracy. I then selected all and used the flip every second one command. This did not work for the line segments, but it may be for the better since I now have fewer entities and maybe the machine will run smoother and faster. Thanks.

Rob

Nix that. Arcs are a bad idea for this application. For some reason, when I zoomed all the way out, the flip every second option worked the way I wanted. I was zoomed into a segment of the spirals and it was flipping each and every other line segment. Thanks again.

rob

Have you resolved the issue yet?
    Honestly I just use the control key (on the keyboard) and select what I want in the direction I want them.

Try this

Hold down the Shift Key and select your geometry the way you want to machine it and alternate every other chain of arcs. This is a little time consuming but it will work.

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

See the new post I just put up about the size of the parts I am working on. the smallest part is 5ft x 2.5ft! I would have to manually select 960 ends of lines in zoom mode. Yes, it is resolved. It seems the flip every second option works differently if your view has the entire geometry in it or is just zoomed in on a part of it even with ALL selected in either case. Thanks for your help.

Rob