587,076 active members*
3,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Mach3 - USB motion card communication problem

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem as Lama2. I followed all the steps and replaced the USBMove with the e-cut.dll. I dont get the error anymore but mach3 won't drive my stepper. Could it be with e-cut plugin configurations ? I tried playing around with the mach3 motor pins but have had no luck. Also my stepper seems to heat up while connected, when I am trying to get it to work. I have no idea what to do next.

Hello,
    I just wanted to point out that I simply had the wrong plugin. The seller had insisted I should install the plugin for another controller (Xilifeng Mach3 USB motion card'). They were convinced they had installed that controller in my machine (I bought a completely assembled machine). Thanx to Jeff we found out I had an ECUT controller and needed the plugin (see his attachment below).

Once again, thanx jeff!! Hope you can help north light too

Just got my cnc 6040, and my mach3 freeze and stops working when I open it whenever the usb from the cnc is connected.
    Windows find the device as a "usb composite device". I am running win10 on a new computer.
    Have set evereything up by the book. Tested different usb cables. The work led on the mach 3 controller is blinking witch indicates communication loss.
    I can actually hear a small sound on the step motors when I connect the usb cable, so something is happening.
    Is this a driver issue as well?

It was fixed by reinstalling Mach3. I run win10 so I also disabled updates

Hi Mistanutz! I have the same problem as you described. Did you solve your problem? I installed the ecut.dll but my stepper is not turming at all. Thank you in advance.
    As per the resistors in the input bar (332) this model is a 5v power supply input.
    Northlight told me that there are several models and its specific driver. I don't know how to identify what model mine is exactely. The only thing I know is 5V input.
    Additionally the screen config > config plugin > e-cut-cnc-usb-plugin does not allow me to update the plugin. This screen is different from the one we see in the ecut installation manual. Even if I change the plugin into the plugin root file, this pligin data won't change in this screen.
    I'm using windows 7 64bits in one laptop and 32bit in other laptop.
    Please could you help to get the proper driver to my model? Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160124_201043.jpg  

Jeff helped me find the solution to the problem.

We checked all through Mach3 and everything.

Turned out the issue was because my Windows 10 did an auto update changing the usb drivers and how they read. So my computer was no longer able to read the older driver for the motion control board. We rolled back the update and turned auto update off.

Thank you again so much Jeff! I can finally get back to making stuff