587,470 active members*
2,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > DM3000...Retrofit or Get going with RS232 comm?????

Hybrid View

Re: DM3000...Retrofit or Get going with RS232 comm?????

thanks....from what i understand if you can get a gcode posted program into the dm3000 it will run it... the issue is a post and that is where my research found that the fanuc 6t is the post to use with your cad/cam software.

not many of us actually have a DM3000 in original and full working condition from what i understand now days....
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

that's what people are saying, and the ";" as a possible line delimiter in the manual might be a hint to that but i'm still skeptical. i did email DYNA on the subject and there reply was a little contradictory. first they stated out right that the dm3000 doesn't use g-code it uses a conversational code. then they said something about using a "post processor" to convert the g and m codes to a conversational language. then they say "now there is a Fanuc Postprocessor called Fanuc 6t (simplified)" but didn't give any kind of context on where to get it or how to use it. then they directed me to this web site.

now i believe most of the Dyna Mechtronics milling machines take g code as well as the dyna language but i'm not seeing people actually using g and m codes on the dm3000 in practice.

there are apparently post processors for bob cad and mastercam. but after the release of mastercam x9 it's harder and harder to find old versions of mastercam that might have such an old post processor packaged into it. i used to have mastercam 9 and a library of posts but after an unfortunate typo i ended up doing a complete bit by bit over write of the entire drive it was on. now when i search for mastercam 9 downloads i find x9 but i'm not about software piracy. i don't consider mastercam 9 piracy because for a time they had it up in the educational section of their own website.

bobcad expects payment for most of there posts. the dyna one is not on there website that i'm aware. but perhaps i can create a post that will work. the post processors for bobcad are more or less human readable and openable in a text editor.. it's just another project for another day.

bobcad is what i have and they told me to use fanuc6t post. I have a few friends that have mastercam 9 and I can call them to see what they have.

from my understanding...it will run a program that has been posted with gcode...but you cannot input gcode direct into the machine by hand...maybe that is where you are confused
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!