586,894 active members*
4,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Upgraded to windows 10 Laser wont read from thumb drive

Alright so a while back I bought a chinese laser off of ebay, its a 50W laser with a cut smace of 800 mm by 1200mm I believe, and everything worked great, I run Laserworks V6 and have come to the realization that I cannot update the drivers so that the laser could be read by my computer as a device. It instead reads it as external storage and not as a cutter. However seeing on various threads that windows 10 isnt compatible with the chinese lasers I thought that I could just use a work around and export my files to a thumb drive and have it read them off of it and everything would be okay. Now the issue is that it wont read any new files, and will not clear the memory of the last file I cut.

I use my laser to cut through masking material on copper plates before giving them an acid bath, In essence easy intaglio engraving, however its refusing to change files now and is giving me cause for worry as school starts up soon and I would like to not have these issues to deal with while trying to complete course work.

Re: Upgraded to windows 10 Laser wont read from thumb drive

use another computer and try again? don't upgrade it to windows10.

Its the only computer I have access to, and It won't let me revert it back to windows 7. I figured that since the computer itself cant actually see the laser cutter, that I should at least be able to load files to it via usb thumb drive. And I have one that is under 2 gb, however it doesn't seem to see the files on it. do I need to format it differently? Im using laserworks v 6.0.44 and it has the option to save a s +Udisk file. Im just confused as to why that would be an option if it doesn't actually work.

You should see the files if you save it as a Udisk file..it's strange. ask your supplier ask a latest version software to you .

another question is how would I go about clearing the cache on the laser itself?
    Its the same one as in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djgNTUiwaXQ

From the video, the controller is RDC6442G and software is RDWorksV8.
    You can delete the file on panel or from software.
    do you have a manual of your RDWrksV8?

I have the blue manual that came with the laser, its in chinese though. So everything that I have done as far as learning has been trial and error.
    With you saying that I ned RDWrks V8 does that mean that the laserworksV6 that I have is where the problem lies? that it's not exporting it as the correct file type?

can you post the link that you buy it from ebay?

With Auxiliary Rotary Laser Engraving Machine 50W CO2 ENGRAVER Cutter 12''X20'' | eBay

It looks like this one, but like I said it was over a year ago that I purchased it

delete your old software, and download the new one from our website. try to install it on your windows 10 system.
    Download - Thunder Laser

alright the new software is running like a dream, I cannot however see to find my laser cutter. When I plug it in to the USB port it shows up as a CD Rom rather than a printer or USB device. Ive tried updating the drivers, but it says that it has the most up to date ones and doesnt actually change them when I select them manually. This is frustrating beyond belief but I am thankful for the help you are giving me.

difficult to solve this problem just by typing, if I can see what it is on computer, it would be easier.
    Ask your supplier download a TeamViewer, he can control your computer, it's easy for them to solve or find the problem.
    Maybe the plug is not connected well, maybe the controller is not good..