586,700 active members*
2,734 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torq Cut 22 Transmission oil

So I have been really considering removing the gearbox as its something I dont want to maintaince but I really cant spend the time on removing it just yet(unless its something I can do in a few hours with the parts I have). I noticed today that the sight glass is only showing 20-30% full and the SHC 626 can only be found in a 5 gallon pale for $200 plus shipping which is an expense I would like to avoid until I can remove this transmission.

I dont have a maintenance manual so I am not sure how full the transmission sight should be? Most machinery sights are normally half full but sometimes they have to be on to measure the fluid and it looks full while running. Are there any alternatives? I found some SHC 630 in quart size for $30 at a grainger local to me.

For reference my machine is a 1996 with 7,500RPM limit incase that matters...I know mactek mentioned some machines had the right spindle motor pulley to remove the gearbox....wouldnt mind losing 50+ percent of the machines torque as I dont take cuts larger than .2" with mostly 3/8" tooling.

Re: Torq Cut 22 Transmission oil

Don't worry about it too much, I think. If you can get oil with similar attributes the addon is not hard to do and won't make a difference especially running the machine far below its capacity.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: Torq Cut 22 Transmission oil

Ended up going with the 630. Only needed less than a quarter of a quart to go from hardly visible in the sight glass to overflowing from the fill hole. Thanks!