588,577 active members*
12,155 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Torq-Cut 22 Transmission Gear Change Rotary Actuator

Torq-Cut 22 Transmission Gear Change Rotary Actuator

Hello All,

I just powered up a 1996 Torq Cut 22 machine and found the hi/low gear change rotary actuator is not working.

The part number of the Turn-Act rotary actuator is 061-111-20.

Does anyone know where I can get either a new seal kit or a replacement actuator?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cncone

Have you blown out the lines and verified the pneumatic solenoid is delivering air to the actuator? Make sure the air lines are clear. Oil in the lines can cause problems. Sometimes that actuator will become sticky or even filled with oil. Does it actuate if you manually activate the solenoid?

Have you called Drissen? BptParts.com - Bridgeport & CNC Machine Replacement Parts They've been able to source parts for my TC-3.

Here a link to Turn Act:
    TURN-ACT Series

Forhire,

Thanks for your suggestions, the air lines pressurize when I manually activate the pneumatic solenoids and air if flowing but the rotary actuator does not turn. It sticks about 1/2 way through its rotation. There was oil in the actuator that looked like lithium grease but it is still sticking after cleaning. The internal seals seem like they are hard and aged so they need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by cncone View Post
    It sticks about 1/2 way through its rotation.
    I assume it's sticking when unloaded, removed from the gearbox, that would imply seals. Have you had any luck finding a replacement or seals? I'm sure I'll need to do mine someday. I have one on my spare gearbox but it shifted slow/erratic so it likely isn't much better than what you have.

I ordered a rebuild kit from my local Turn-Act distributor. The part number is SK-061 with a price of $70.65. It should be delivered next week. The part number for a new actuator is 061-1Y1-A02 with a price of $586. The leadtime is 7 working days.

Re: Torq-Cut 22 Transmission Gear Change Rotary Actuator

Who is your local distributer? I need the same kit and Gulf Controls told me there was a $350 minimum.

Brian