Quote Originally Posted by MillNut View Post
I am assuming since you are using Fusion 360 your Cad/Cam computer is running Win 7 or 10? How are you posting the code to the Bandit? Brother in law wasn't able to use a Win 7 computer to post from BobCad to Bandit. I don't know if he tried a USB to parallel adaptor. Support staff at BobCad told him Win 7 won't support parallel port transfer. I have Inventor 2014 with HSM Works on a Win 7 laptop. USB or Ethernet output. Can put a PmCIA card in the laptop if PMCIA supports a parallel port.

Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul,

I really need to get more on my website related to this end of things.

So I'm using a brand new laptop (win 10) to do all my CAD and CAM work, which does not have a serial or parallel port. Serial and parallel ports are a thing of the past sadly...

I have another old PC (win 7) connected to the AB 8400MP / Bandit because it has a serial port. Notice I said serial port, my old PC didn't have a parallel port...and a parallel port isn't need either. However, if you use a serial port like I did, you'll have to make or buy a serial to parallel connector cable - which isn't a big deal, and I can help with that too. I have no idea if a USB to serial/parallel device will work with the AB 8400MP / Bandit or not, some old devices are cranky about working with them I'm told.

Since my new laptop and old PC are on the same local network at my house, I just dump the G code out on the network, and pick it up on the old PC to do the transferring to the AB 8400MP / Bandit.

To transfer the G code from the old PC to the AB 8400MP / Bandit I'm using DNC software : dead easy to use : RS232 transfer between CNC and PC. I've found its pretty much necessary to use DNC or drip feed the old AB 8400MP / Bandit, because it doesn't have enough memory to transfer much of a program over completely. The DNC software I'm using helps with some other issues too, the AB 8400MP / Bandit can communicate at a max baud rate of 9600. It also turns out you need some character delay as well for the transfer to work without issue, and the DNC software helps with this.

I'm happy to help my friend, we'll get you up and going.

-Mike