587,409 active members*
3,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > DM4400 Spindle bearing repair

Hybrid View

Re: DM4400 Spindle bearing repair

Got them from a dealer in Norway. Dyna Mechtronics wanted 210$ for them now, and I have to add 25% in import taxes to Norway. I would probably save some money by purchasing them from DM, but I feel safer when purchasing from a local dealer. However, thanks for letting me know of that source Dan!
    New bearings are due to arrive in 10 days.

To get them back on, I am thinking of using a aluminum tube that fits over the shaft and only presses on the inner ring of the bearing. Use it in the same box i made earlier and press them on one by one. I will put the shaft in a freezer and heat up the bearings before i do any of this. Any thoughts, positive or negative is greatly appreciated :rainfro:

Re: DM4400 Spindle bearing repair

Quote Originally Posted by oscilloman View Post
    Got them from a dealer in Norway. Dyna Mechtronics wanted 210$ for them now, and I have to add 25% in import taxes to Norway. I would probably save some money by purchasing them from DM, but I feel safer when purchasing from a local dealer. However, thanks for letting me know of that source Dan!
    New bearings are due to arrive in 10 days.

To get them back on, I am thinking of using a aluminum tube that fits over the shaft and only presses on the inner ring of the bearing. Use it in the same box i made earlier and press them on one by one. I will put the shaft in a freezer and heat up the bearings before i do any of this. Any thoughts, positive or negative is greatly appreciated :rainfro:
    So hoe does this story end? :-)