584,800 active members*
4,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 4525 questions

Fadal 4525 questions

Hey guys

I work at a small machine shop in Tennessee and we are redoing a fadal 4525 and I am looking for some info and recommendations on some parts.

I am looking to buy part number STM-0995 which is the screens that go in the sheet metal above the coolant tank to let the coolant back into the tank. I can't find them for sale anywhere on the internet.

I'm also looking for some info on how to set up a coolant wash down system in the machine. I know I'll need another pump but I was wondering how other people had setup their wash down system.

Thanks,
    Cody
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190222_140224.jpg   20190222_140230.jpg  

Re: Fadal 4525 questions

Why not just buy some perforated grating and cut those pieces out? That is all it is, nothing special.
    As far as washdown, I just plumbed the coolant pump to my filter system and tee’d a separate hose from the filter output to the machine for washdown purposes. I can get you a picture later if you want.

Fadal used a 100gpm pump i think it was 3hp. for there washdown(need a good size tank or you will empty it real quick) , but then just plumb it thru 1" - 1.25" pvc to a couple of valves that you could actuate using spare m-functions on the boards.... something like that maybe

I never had another pump for washdown on any of my Fadal CNCs. (I'm at 4 machines now). It is just a T off the coolant pump and a regular hand held garden sprayer for washdown.

Quote Originally Posted by rmichite View Post
    Hey guys

I work at a small machine shop in Tennessee and we are redoing a fadal 4525 and I am looking for some info and recommendations on some parts.

I am looking to buy part number STM-0995 which is the screens that go in the sheet metal above the coolant tank to let the coolant back into the tank. I can't find them for sale anywhere on the internet.

I'm also looking for some info on how to set up a coolant wash down system in the machine. I know I'll need another pump but I was wondering how other people had setup their wash down system.

Thanks,
    Cody
    Here is a pic of my setup. Excuse the mess. From the pump, it goes through a filter and gets tee’d off. If I want to run flood coolant or the washdown hose, I close one valve and open the other. I’m sure there is a plumbing valve that I can use to eliminate on of these valves but whatever. PVC isn’t expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking you wanted a washdown like the hydrosweep which used the 100gpm. We have exactly the same thing as warrenb has, on all of our fadals a good 25ft. hose connected to a tee valve(so you can shut it off if needed) works great. Just hook it to your existing pump..... just beware that some fadals flood coolant pumps out there dont put out the volume for the flood coolant and a garden hose. So you may need to get a better coolant pump that can keep up otherwise the washdown can be disappointing even with the flood coolant valve shut off at the head.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    I was thinking you wanted a washdown like the hydrosweep which used the 100gpm. We have exactly the same thing as warrenb has, on all of our fadals a good 25ft. hose connected to a tee valve(so you can shut it off if needed) works great. Just hook it to your existing pump..... just beware that some fadals flood coolant pumps out there dont put out the volume for the flood coolant and a garden hose. So you may need to get a better coolant pump that can keep up otherwise the washdown can be disappointing even with the flood coolant valve shut off at the head.

I have a 4020 with the coolant tank that goes under the left hand side of the machine, and extends out 18" form the side, it's got a large pump and Hydrosweep (not sure if it's 100gpm) but it pushes out a lot of coolant to wash chips down into the conveyor. The problem is if there's more than maybe an 1/8" covering of chips on the slooping floor of the enclosure it has trouble moving the chips. So I never use the hydrosweep.

I have a garden hose and nozzle attached to the coolant pump. It's ok to move chips off the table, but to move chips down to the conveyor I use a stiff brush and shovel.