587,478 active members*
3,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Can I reduce acceleration of axis lower than what mach3 allows?

Hybrid View

Re: Can I reduce acceleration of axis lower than what mach3 allows?

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSjoblom View Post
    Default. I believe it was 127. I don't really see it as an issue with the drive settings though. 0 to 3k rpm in half a second with a heavy servo and spindle is a lot to ask. The problem is I can't set a reasonable acceleration in mach3 because of the max velocity I have to set to make the spindle swap work

Ok, I think I see what you mean. If it gets set to a low number, it can send an alarm to mach3 with only a small position error. 127 only sends alarm if the drive faults which is how I have it set, so not my issue. I think it's simply just too high of acceleration. It's a lot of mass to go from zero to 3k in a half second
    Yes the mass and the inertia could be where the problem is

In Mach3 spindle set the Velocity and acceleration to the lowest numbers, that work for you, velocity can be 0 and acceleration can be 1 so you can play with those numbers to get where you want to be
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes the mass and the inertia could be where the problem is

In Mach3 spindle set the Velocity and acceleration to the lowest numbers, that work for you, velocity can be 0 and acceleration can be 1 so you can play with those numbers to get where you want to be
    The problem is, the velocity needs to match the max rpm set in the spindle pulley setup for the steps per unit to work out properly. The max rpm for the pulley needs to be set at 24000rpm to not limit the speed of my main spindle. So my mill turn spindle also needs to be set at a velocity of 24000rpm which is why it's limiting me to such a high minimum acceleration value. The only other work around I can think of is if I can switch pulley selection in my spindle swap macro. Then i could have a different pulley setup for the mill turn and be able to drop that velocity number down which would allow me to drop the acceleration. Can pulleys be switched in macro?