587,495 active members*
3,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid

Ok, alot of people have been asking about the machine, So after alot of thinking, designing, building, redesigning, rebuilding (three times) this is what i have thus far, it uses the my Carriage design on the X-Axis as well as the Y-Axis, the machine is accessed from the front. The X-Axis will actually be across the machine and the Y-Axis is front to back (Two motors). Using the STMD Drivers and the Keling 425oz motors, because of the length of the lead screws I travel at 120ipm. which is pleanty for me for a home built machine, (as it is I cut at 80 to 100 with rapids of 200ipm on my present machine). Using the 1/2"-8 two start acme, Dumpster Anti-backlash, and so on, the setup is very smooth, I will try to use a PC 7518 eventually on it but for now will prob. use the Hitachi.

Ok, what I am asking from you guys is to help design the Z-Axis as you can see in the picture the Z-Axis slide will be a bolt on to the front, 4-5/16" bolts. the width has to be 6" total for the bolt on plate and the over all width can not exceed 7.5" (to alow for the 48" travel) the bottom of the Axis carriage is 5.5" from table top and have to count for the auto tool changer. I have 4 V-Bearings which will be used for the Z-Axis slide. I have a few idea's but would like a little input and additional thoughts.

So if you can please submit DWG files and we can discuss them and maybe you will be the one to design my Z-Axis.

Thanks, Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 1.JPG   Post 2.JPG