I've been testing generating toolpaths for my rotary axis using fusion 360 cam. I've been successful with the parts and have indexing and rotary working. I designed a part that had several features that would require all kinds of toolpaths so that I may learn the operations needed.

The problem is that I have what looks to be a simple toolpath to turn down the square stock on a location to a cylinder. I'm using an adaptive 2d toolpath. I wrapped the toolpath after creating a sketch to represent the area to be machined. Everything looks good but when I actually run it, all of the cutting works fine and the speeds are what I expect. The movement to position after a retract is extremely slow and is causing the job to take at least 5 times longer than what it should.

The movement is jittery too. The a and x movements look like they move, pause, move until it finally makes it to the next location to cut. Then the cut happens at the expected rate. Retract, move, pause, move again.

How can I get the movements to move as fast as the cuts do? I've been reading and I'm not sure what is the problem. Just guessing now, but the gcode posts the feedrate for both the a and x on the same line. But then again, the cuts are done in the same manner, so I can't figure out what the difference is.

Here is a short video of what is happening, hopefully you can see what I mean.

https://youtu.be/pzMp8Y1e6oo

Anyone else familiar with this sort of issue?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk