586,961 active members*
2,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > AVID CNC PRO 48x48 Purchase (Mach 4 Concerns)

Hybrid View

Re: AVID CNC PRO 48x48 Purchase (Mach 4 Concerns)

Quote Originally Posted by RNGPRODUCTS View Post
    You are correct Sir. Avid shipped out all of my components at about 3 weeks in less the spindle which is on backorder and the 80/20 which will drop ship.

I now have 80% of the components sitting in my garage. Still no shipping info from 80/20 hard to believe that will take 4-5 weeks before it ships out. The plan is to build everything, then the spindle should be arriving soon. Kinda bummed sitting around waiting
    I've bought a lot of stuff from 80/20 over the years. I've never had to wait anywhere near 4 weeks from order to receipt - even with stuff that isn't in stock lengths. I get my orders on my doorstep within 10 days or less of making them.

When I bought the extrusions for my current machine, it was during a rare 15% off sale. There was a caution that orders may be delayed because of volume. My order was placed Nov. 27, 2018. Despite practically everything requiring cutting to length and cutting features, the order shipped on Nov. 29. and was on my doorstep within a week thereafter. I'm in Washington State (a couple of hours south of Avid). 8020 is just outside Columbia City, Indiana on the route to Ft. Wayne, In. Once out the door, 8020 orders are generally on the road to me for a week. Incomprehensible to me why you are left waiting so long for them to just to get the order out the door.

Re: AVID CNC PRO 48x48 Purchase (Mach 4 Concerns)

Quote Originally Posted by GME View Post
    I've bought a lot of stuff from 80/20 over the years. I've never had to wait anywhere near 4 weeks from order to receipt - even with stuff that isn't in stock lengths. I get my orders on my doorstep within 10 days or less of making them.

When I bought the extrusions for my current machine, it was during a rare 15% off sale. There was a caution that orders may be delayed because of volume. My order was placed Nov. 27, 2018. Despite practically everything requiring cutting to length and cutting features, the order shipped on Nov. 29. and was on my doorstep within a week thereafter. I'm in Washington State (a couple of hours south of Avid). 8020 is just outside Columbia City, Indiana on the route to Ft. Wayne, In. Once out the door, 8020 orders are generally on the road to me for a week. Incomprehensible to me why you are left waiting so long for them to just to get the order out the door.
    I was definitely a little surprised I had received the CNC parts prior to the 80/20 extrusions. However I am happy to report I have received the 80/20 extrusions as well as all the remaining components.

I really have nothing negative to say about Avid CNC. Communication was on point and they met their quoted timelines a few days early. Now it's time to start putting the build.

If anyone is interested I will be doing a pretty in depth YouTube series on this machine on my Channel. You can Subscribe and check out my content here. Would love to hear from everyone with their comments and advice: https://youtu.be/ySa9lL61rFE