586,872 active members*
4,852 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > chinese 2kW spindle motor repair

Hybrid View

Re: chinese 2kW spindle motor repair

Many thanks, it's invaluable having someone who knows what these things are like inside.

I had to drill a small hole in the guard ring to get clear access to allen screws behind it and have been able to slacken by about a mm as you suggested. However, this model does not have the LHT bolt on the top , it has an ali ringnut with very small spigot holes . It looks like the ring on the bottom but a lot smaller. In view of the recessed position I won't even be able to get a pin-wrench on there, I'll have to make a more complex tool. I can see this ending with a hammer and chisel and me looking around for large, fine threaded LH tap !!

I'm going to try drying this out in the oven. I pre-heated the oven to 95 deg C ( IR thermometer ) , cut the gas and put the body in. I'll let it sweat it out for a while.

IIRC the operating temp is spec'd for about 80 degrees. I guess the Achille's heel is the plastic seals and guard-rings. The winding's varnish should resist a lot higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by reg.miller View Post
    Many thanks, it's invaluable having someone who knows what these things are like inside.

I had to drill a small hole in the guard ring to get clear access to allen screws behind it and have been able to slacken by about a mm as you suggested. However, this model does not have the LHT bolt on the top , it has an ali ringnut with very small spigot holes . It looks like the ring on the bottom but a lot smaller. In view of the recessed position I won't even be able to get a pin-wrench on there, I'll have to make a more complex tool. I can see this ending with a hammer and chisel and me looking around for large, fine threaded LH tap !!

I'm going to try drying this out in the oven. I pre-heated the oven to 95 deg C ( IR thermometer ) , cut the gas and put the body in. I'll let it sweat it out for a while.

IIRC the operating temp is spec'd for about 80 degrees. I guess the Achille's heel is the plastic seals and guard-rings. The winding's varnish should resist a lot higher than that.
    Drilling the hole was a bad idea, this will mess up the balance it is normal that you have to make wrenches to suit what is needed, if you damage any parts then you should buy a new spindle as the damaged parts have to be replaced because of the balance required at high speed can not have any damage to the rotating parts

Heating up could help to get the moisture out as long as it can find a way out
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Drilling the hole was a bad idea, this will mess up the balance it is normal that you have to make wrenches to suit what is needed, if you damage any parts then you should buy a new spindle as the damaged parts have to be replaced because of the balance required at high speed can not have any damage to the rotating parts

Heating up could help to get the moisture out as long as it can find a way out
    Don't worry, I did not drill the moving parts. Just the static ring which is screwed over the bearing block.

It does now run with out tripping out but I have yet to seal it up and refill the coolant circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by reg.miller View Post
    Don't worry, I did not drill the moving parts. Just the static ring which is screwed over the bearing block.

It does now run with out tripping out but I have yet to seal it up and refill the coolant circuit.
    Need to see some photos of your spindle it sounds like it has a different front mounting and the back retaining bolt seems to be different as well
    Mactec54