587,028 active members*
3,217 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Artcam needs work

So, I wanted to throw my two cents in. Artcam is good for engraving and and texturing reliefs but in creating simple signet rings this program needs a lot of help. It takes way to many pieces to get a championship style ring made in artcam. Though artcam has some great features for machining stuff it lacks in more intriquet(?) style rings. Basic round rings its easy but rings that have more of a straight wall style shank and a top plate that is rectangular artcam lacks greatly. It can be done but what a headache in trying to attempt it. I just had a demo of 3design and WOW! Is all I can say. This program with artcam would be the perfect combination for A complete software integration to your business but it's not cheap. In the end if your going to truly invest in the long term for your biz I think it's the step you really need to take to be future proof.

You need some serious tools to help you out, and these days, that includes computer software. Barbara Carleton, from the Bejeweled Software Company, seems to have found the magic formula to mix algorithms and beads for a perfect combination..

Murano Glass