585,722 active members*
4,184 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Laser Tube Cutting - Designing Corners, Connections, etc. (Software or Process Aided)

Laser Tube Cutting - Designing Corners, Connections, etc. (Software or Process Aided)

The company I work for has recently purchased a BLM LT5 Laser Tube Cutter. We are wanting to create single piece components to replace multiple pieces using the same idea as seen in the laser bends.jpg attachment. We either need to create a process in our designs that will simplify the creation of these joints or I've seen a few add-ons for Inventor and Solid works that automate this process (but the add-ons seem outdated and I am not having luck actually getting the software's sales team to respond). BLM offers a solution but the idea of creating the bends at the point of manufacture vs the bends the design team adding them to the actual design is concerning.

So my question is, does anyone have any documents that state what kind of tolerances and gaps the laser needs to add in order to bend these parts accurately or do you recommend a software or CAD plugin that would automate this process?

Thank you all in advance!

Here are a few more examples of what we are looking to do with the laser cutter (about half way down the screen) https://www.trumpf.com/en_US/product...ecial/novices/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser bends.jpg