Vmax isn't necessarily talking about PP on non-Tormach machines, his mods would apply to anyone using PathPilot. Lots of participants on this subsection have Tormach machines. I don't, and as such I have 0 expectation that Tormach would support me. OTOH they now have their own forum where several employees particiapte.

My personal opnion, based on a bit of reading and mod-ing of the provided source code, is that at minimum everything Python is GPL or similar. As such I would love for Vmax to post his code somewhere so that we can all benefit.

I interpret the addition of the subscrop[tion-looking code ( a bunch of releases ago) as keeping the control running only if a leased machine's payments are current. This is not the same as subscription-based. Not sure if something else was added in more recent releases. There is also code that is more restritive with operation of interlocks and saftey features for use in EU as their rules are stricter and more specific. I think some of this is invoked by adding a jumper to the console interface.

As for using linuxcnc instead, I use PathPilot for the simple reason that I don't have to deal with the vaguaries of installing etc. I tried several of the 'quick and easy' installs from their forum a few years ago, and came up empty after days of trying (and I am not a Unix/Linux newbie by any definition). PathPilot is well packaged for straight forward install from their $28.95 usb stick.

Lastly, on the Tormach forum they indicate that V3 is being worked on, which to me means more releases for V2 are likely going to be rare. They are thankfully moving away from Glade. And likely a lot of code will get refactored as it has become disjointed due to all the additions over the years.

gerrit