586,700 active members*
2,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc OT Cycle Counter

Hi All,

I have a new to me Yang ML25A CNC Lathe with a Fanuc OT Control. I have the machine making parts and am happy so far.
    Recently I set about getting the machine going with a bar puller to make some production parts. I have managed to get it running and doing the job easily with the excepting of the parts counter.
    I have changed the M30 at the end of the program for a M99 to loop back to the beginning. My parts counter works fine with a M30 . I cant find an M code to make the parts counter work. There is nothing in the Yang manuals .
    My understanding is it can also be done with a macro but I would like to use the counter if possible as that is what I use on other machines.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Re: Fanuc OT Cycle Counter

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful. I'm running a bar puller and using a stopwatch to know when to stop the machine. It's going to bite me if I'm not careful!!

My work counter functions with a M30. and counts up fine. When I replace the M30 with a M99 to loop the program it doesn't count. Understandable. I have another machine that uses a M12. That machine is a 18i and has a separate parts counter.

My understanding is there is a parameter that will be set with a number to designate the M code. ie Parameter #?? is set to 12 so M12 is my counter M code. Please correct me if I'm talking rubbish.

Control is Fanuc OT on a Yang ML25

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yang Screen.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	504044