586,103 active members*
3,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MCX2 setup sheet????

Thumbs up MCX2 setup sheet????

I need to hand off a setup sheet with estimated operation times on it. At past jobs I have just used the VERY generic setup sheet and hand edited as needed, it's gotten the job done. But now I need the times to be near exact. When I backplot the times seem fine, however, when I create a setup sheet using the mill.set file the times are WAY different(1.5-2 X). Its a lot to hand edit and quite a pain. Are there any good setup sheets out there or is the generic mill.set just in need of some major editing? any input would be greatly appreciated.

you need the X+ setup sheet. what exact version of X2 are you using?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Hi: You may need to edit the post in order for the software to calculate more accurate times using your rapid feedrate and chip to chip toolchange time.

regards
    ----------------
    Can't Fix Stupid

Sorry Cam1 not the Post but the machine def and control def as this contains the info on example time for a tool change and so on.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I second the use of X+, it is one of the best setup sheets for MCX2. Do a search on emastercam, there is also alot of info to help set it up the way you want it to output.

Im using X2 MR2, and happened across X+ last night from an old colleague. let the adventure begin. thanks!