586,692 active members*
3,058 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Inventor 2008

Does anyone know the Ram required to run Inventor 2008? We have 2 gigs on our computer and it seems to take a long time open.

...2 gig should run fine

did you run additional "add-ins"

I use a non-Autodesk add-in for file import that slows the startup way down

Inventor 2008

The librarys were added. What I am seeing is about 30 to 60 secounds to load. Then ar the bottome of the screen I see something I have never seen before. It is a black line. When I hi lite the line it shows memory used and memory left. There appears to be alot of memory left. When I say bottome of screen I mean the task bar area.

So it sounds like you have enough memory (that memory thing showed up a a version or two ago)

Start Inventor then shut it down - start it again - does it load faster the second time?

Inventor 2008

It does not start any faster. There is a black line over a green line on the Inventor screen at the bottom, right side. It may be part of the program, I seen the same thing in one of there help screens. If I run my mouse over it it shows the memory used and memory left.

- Did you run previous versions of Inventor on that machine? - if so how did they load?

- Do you have it running on other machines? - if so how did they load?

Inventor never loads fast, especially with more addins turned on to load, and it's not like Autocad which spits out some text to tell you what it's doing. Inventor just lets you stare at the splash screen that pops up.

Inventor 2008

We have Inventor on atleast to more work stations, I am not sure how fast its running on the other computers. This is the first time for Inventor on this computer. I was just wondering why there is a black line at the bottom right side of the screen, I think this may be normal and Inventor with all its files just takes a longer time to load.

inventor

inventor does take a long time to startup overhere. We have several different work stations and they al do al slow startup. Gues its normal.

greetings from holland

I guess its the same every where. Must be normal.