586,717 active members*
3,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help id 8 wires

Hi all I need help with identifying wires on 34H2160-62-8A nema 34 12Nm 8 wires (white, black, red, yellow, orange, green, brown, blue) from ms motor world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1917.JPG  

To find the phase pairs use an ohm meter and ring continuity. To find phase polarity, tape a tooth pick or some long stiff piece and tape it to the shaft to "magnify" the rotation. The take a D cell and connect a phase noting which way the step happens,clockwise or counterclockwise. Keep track so that you can determine whch lead connected to the + of the D cell makes it rotate the same direction. At the end you should be able to mark eah color pair belong to a phase, and which of the colors of the pair make it travel a certain direction. Thats enough to get you started so you can hook up a driver and determine the final pairing.
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

Nice ruler! :banana:

Take a look at this one, it could be match. You must translate colors from German.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by pminmo View Post
    To find the phase pairs use an ohm meter and ring continuity. To find phase polarity, tape a tooth pick or some long stiff piece and tape it to the shaft to "magnify" the rotation. The take a D cell and connect a phase noting which way the step happens,clockwise or counterclockwise. Keep track so that you can determine whch lead connected to the + of the D cell makes it rotate the same direction. At the end you should be able to mark eah color pair belong to a phase, and which of the colors of the pair make it travel a certain direction. Thats enough to get you started so you can hook up a driver and determine the final pairing.
    I don't quite understand that but I know blue n black is 1 coil, red n yellow is 1 coil, green and brown is 1 coil, orange n white is 1 coil but I don't know how they arranged inside.

ok I just got this from my supplier but now the problem is my Japanese isn't good, can someone translate it for me? see my attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

15mgtar,

I believe this is the wiring for your motor, you can double check it with a ohm meter as Phil has suggested.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.