586,685 active members*
2,873 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Citizen Knockout's (aftermarket)

Citizen Knockout's (aftermarket)

I found a company that makes aftermarket knockout tips for the Citizen knock out rod. They call them deflecto tips because the deflect the air or high pressure out-wards. This would really wash the chips out

They sent me a pdf sheet on them.

http://www.verosllc.com/VerosSwiss/

Here is a video of it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8GdQ5SJN1c"]YouTube - Veros Swiss Deflecto Tip Knockout Demonstration[/ame]

They said they are also making Drover nuts for the L20 series 4 (non-windows) & 5 & 7(windows). remember the old wrench type on the 3 & 4 series? That always got buggered up.

Citizen wants an arm and a leg for anything now.

Looks nice, but every shop I've ever worked at made their own blanks for ejector pins. There's are so many configurations of workpieces that it just make sense to do it this way. Some parts are thin-walled and need a pin very close to the pick-off collet diameter, other parts need to be pushed out from a surface inside a counterbore, etc.

I've made some pretty fancy ones too, with holes like that for either air or HP coolant. Many end up in the part's "job box", a few were more generic and could go into the big drawer of miscellaneous ejectors.

Some will ,but many simple cobble something up that does not have passage for hp oil or air.

It is the most cobbled thing in many shops and I have seen them all . From wooden dowels, to 8mm socket head cap screws ground on a hand grinder.

This seems like a good place for shops to go to. They have them in many sizes, and even sell an emergency blank that can be turned down on a tool room lathe and the brass tip (deflector) screwed in to it.