586,655 active members*
2,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Esprit > Editing Solid Models In Esprit

Editing Solid Models In Esprit

Lets say I create a chamfer on a solid model in Esprit. How do I later edit and change that solid chamfer? I don't see where the solid chamfer has any properties to it. I also don't see any kind of feature history or roll back bar. I looked at the Esprit help on Solids and I don't see jack on editing a solid.

AFAIK, you can't modify a chamfer or fillet or change a hole diameter, etc. There is no history tree. I've been able to build some pretty complex solids in Esprit, but it's by no means a true Solid Modeler, such as SolidWorks, SolidEdge, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    AFAIK, you can't modify a chamfer or fillet or change a hole diameter, etc. There is no history tree. I've been able to build some pretty complex solids in Esprit, but it's by no means a true Solid Modeler, such as SolidWorks, SolidEdge, etc.
    What do you do when a change comes down that needs to be made on the solid model or you make a mistake and can no longer undo a chamfer? I'm not asking for Esprit to be SolidWorks or SolidEdge but I can see a need for basic editing of a solid. Thank you very much for responding to my questions. I was sure it was me that was missing a way to edit a solid in Esprit.

I agree. I don't actually use it for design, however, so I don't have to deal with those issues.

DP used to charge $1,000 for their "Solid Modeling" module. They started giving it away in E2009 (I guess it wasn't selling too well). I would look at other options for solid modeling such as Alibre, or Rhino or something like that.

Generally if Engineering changes the model you would import the new model to your file and make the changes according to what was changed. If you created the model then you might have to create it again. Esprit modeller has 4 icons for modelling parts. It's not that fancy but there is a way to add back material if the model had a cutout. Now, putting material back in a hole is another story. The modeller now comes with Esprit but I'm sure they added a hidden charge to pay for it. I worked for a company without the modeller and it was a pain in the arse. You had to save the file out of Esprit as a Parasolid, pull it into Pro-E to make changes, then import it back to Esprit. Now I can manipulate the model directly in Esprit and it's wonderful.