586,731 active members*
2,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMCO F1P-CNC Tool Holder

Hello, i work for a surplus reseller, and we have recently acquired an EMCO F1P-CNC machine with EMCOtronic M1 controller.

So far, we have gotten excellent responses from the controller unit. Unfortunately, we did not receive the tapered-collet tool chuck which should have come with this unit. Without this chuck installed, the controller returns "Alarm 90, collet/chuck not ready" and refuses to move any of the control motors.

We would very much like to buy a cheap collet we can install for testing this unit, but we have no idea what size we need to buy. The manual is utterly unhelpful (is shows an exploded diagram of the tool holder, but no size indications), and EMCO-Maier USA doesn't seem to care to answer their phone.

So what size tapered collet chuck do we need to order for this thing? The only thing i have been able to find about the thing is that the wide end of the taper is 1-1/4" and that the taper well is 2" deep. The diagram in the manual also shows a small ball protrusion on top of the taper for retention.

Does anyone know what we need to buy to have a tool holder for this thing?

bump

Re: EMCO F1P-CNC Tool Holder

Actually, I have found out the precise name of this collet type from the manuals, so I know it is in there. Unfortunately the manuals are in scanned PDF format only and searching them is impossible, and I have since forgotten the specifics. The collet you want is a proprietary one that was, according to the manual, similar to /compatible with a DIN standard one (my memory fails me at this point). At first I was hesitant to post this, but I realized that if I were in your shoes, I would have liked to know that the information IS available in the manual.