586,655 active members*
3,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 26 of 29 162425262728
    Precision Matthews will be getting the Weiss 25/G0704 back in stock in April.

He says he gets his from a different manufacture and has had no motor problems.

The PM-30 LV (Long table.) they now are stocking is the same as my Weiss 30 and is just a bit larger than the X3 where the G0704 is about a hundred pounds lighter than the X3.

I like the PM-30 style of machines a lot.

PM-MV Milling Machines

Grizzly is still taking G0704 Orders

Grizzly is still taking G0704 orders (Just talked to them); mine has been on Backorder since Jan 28th, 2011 and is due in April 29th, 2011 (I am still on the list). I was thinking about dropping my order but I am getting free liftgate shipping due to a G0602 problem I had earlier. I can't beat the $1044 delivered price; so I will be patient.

Well it's good to know that it isn't a permanent discontinuation of the product line. It may be worth it though to get the PM machine. With the free freight, I guess it puts the machines at only $200 difference. It really doesn't help me much though since I live close enough to go pick it up, so I likely wouldn't be paying the $94 freight charge anyway.

G0704 Arriving on Friday May 13th :))

I just talked to the shipper; my long wait is almost over. My G0704 arrives on Friday the 13th; a lucky day. $1029 including liftgate delivery :banana:

I got my email from Grizzly last night that my mill shipped yesterday. I expect a call tomorrow from UPS freight for delivery. Unfortunately, I have to be in Chicago M-Th next week for work so I won't be able to take delivery until next Friday. Figures.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Reelsmith, Angling Historian, and Author of "The Reelsmith's Primer"
    www.EclecticAngler.com | www.ReelLinesPress.com

Total all-in cost to buy G0704, ship to Canada?

For those of you in Canada who have purchased the G0704 from Grizzle, what was your total cost, including shipping, duties, taxes, etc? Did Grizzly arrange shipping directly to your address? The current shown price of $995 plus $94 shipping = $1089 seems to only be for shipping within the lower 48 states.

Much as I'd like to support Canadian supplier Machine Tools Warehouse, there would appear to be at least a $300 price difference.

I'm in Winnipeg, and I have previous ordered tools (X1 micro mill) from Harbor Freight, which I had shipped to a depot in North Dakota, and then I took an hour to drive down and pick up the shipment, paying GST and PST on my way back into Canada.

The US/Canada exchange rate is awfully good these days...

Quote Originally Posted by walter_wpg View Post
    For those of you in Canada who have purchased the G0704 from Grizzle, what was your total cost, including shipping, duties, taxes, etc? Did Grizzly arrange shipping directly to your address? The current shown price of $995 plus $94 shipping = $1089 seems to only be for shipping within the lower 48 states.

Much as I'd like to support Canadian supplier Machine Tools Warehouse, there would appear to be at least a $300 price difference.

I'm in Winnipeg, and I have previous ordered tools (X1 micro mill) from Harbor Freight, which I had shipped to a depot in North Dakota, and then I took an hour to drive down and pick up the shipment, paying GST and PST on my way back into Canada.

Walter - I can't help you specifically, but for your info - I enquired about a G0602 lathe being shipped to me here in New Brunswick - the cost of shipping was quoted at 149 dollars, so it appears to me I would only pay about 50 bucks or so more to have it shipped right to my door. I live about 1 hour drive to the border and the cost of gas would probably equal that IF I had a truck and/or trailer, which I don't and would have to arrange. It appears to be a very good deal for us up here that are so often shafted by shipping companies.

Good Luck,
    Lewis

G0704 space requirements

I just had a look at the on-line manual for the G0704, to see how much physical space you need to install and use it. My, it's a big one! For me, the issue is going to be width. The width needed to position the table from far left to far right is 57", which is just about 5 feet! I honestly don't know if I have space to locate it. :-(

You can get the shorter table if you get the PM-20 from machinetoolonline.com

It is the same machine but with a smaller table and a smaller motor.

Still better than a X2..

Quote Originally Posted by djaanbutt View Post
    I've recently acquired a new grizzly bear, and am keeping her as a house pet, she's only a cub at the moment, but has got a real smell coming on.
    What is the best way of washing her hide? I am thinking just putting her in the bathtub and hosing her down?
    I must have missed something
    http://www.g0704.blogspot.com/

Let me just say that this is not a true representation of us Brits:withstupi

check Grizzly's web sight it now says free GST & PST to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by kd4gij View Post
    check Grizzly's web sight it now says free GST & PST to Canada
    It does??? Can you tell me where?

I did go to the Q&A section, where they specifically address Canadian orders:
    Grizzly.com® -- Questions and Answers

It says that, for a limited time, Canadian orders qualify for a Free Brokerage special, but that UPS Freight will collect the PST and GST that is due. It also says that duties and taxes will be collected prior to delivery for freight shipments.

Since the mill is made in China, I expect there is no "free trade" provision which will eliminate customs duty.

[QUOTE=walter_wpg;952771]It does??? Can you tell me where?

It says that, for a limited time, Canadian orders qualify for a Free Brokerage special, but that UPS Freight will collect the PST and GST that is due. It also says that duties and taxes will be collected prior to delivery for freight shipments.

Since the mill is made in China, I expect there is no "free trade" provision which will eliminate customs duty.[/QUOT

On the link that you posted It says that thay discount the item the amount ups will charge you . So in the end thay pay the fees

[quote=kd4gij;953012]
    It does??? Can you tell me where?

Since the mill is made in China, I expect there is no "free trade" provision which will eliminate customs duty.[/QUOT

On the link that you posted It says that thay discount the item the amount ups will charge you . So in the end thay pay the fees
    Yes, Grizzly will pay the "brokerage fee", which is what UPS would have charged for handling your shipment, but that is completely separate from the duties and taxes that are due Canada Border Services. Here's the specific paragraph from that web page:

All brokerage costs are separate from duties and taxes charged by the Canadian Government on most imported products, which will be collected by UPS upon delivery for small parcels, or prior to delivery for freight shipments.

So, you will have to pay UPS:
    Brokerage Fee + GST + PST + Duty
    But, Grizzly will give you a discount equal to "Brokerage Fee", which would be $25.90, so in effect, they are paying the Brokerage Fee for you. But not the taxes/duty.

Are you guys happy with the G0704? or wishing you bought and SX3? I am about to pull the plug on one these just final research stages.

Based on what I have seen from the X3 I have no regrets at all with my BF-25 machine.
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Quote Originally Posted by photomankc View Post
    Based on what I have seen from the X3 I have no regrets at all with my BF-25 machine.
    I second that, I love my G0704, no complaints at all...
    http://www.g0704.blogspot.com/

I called Grizzly and the g0704 is back ordered till end of November at least for me.

Still looking for my machine

What I would like grizzly to do is put the g0704 table on the g0619 machine! then i would have no problem making a decision!....

what to do

what to do

Lawrence

Page 26 of 29 162425262728