587,070 active members*
2,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 10 1234

Smile

Hello all
    oh well, machine will work with Mastercam, with the tool height sensor,
    reset to the center of the head, posprocesor will know the length of tool - tools magazine in soft.
    what the machine - it's easy to build, but time-consuming

Quote Originally Posted by ghassall View Post
    Great work! Can't wait to see the video and the sound of 7000oz-in stepper motors.

Here is a nice small 5-axis machine. You could fit a dozen of these in this big monster. I think it is big enough to park the car in it and attach a buff to the spindle and have a CNC car polisher

The drive mechanisms for this machine is here if anyone is interested.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    The drive mechanisms for this machine is here if anyone is interested.

CarveOne
    sorry for the expression but it is a toy's and not the drive mechanism's, maybe its for little spindle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails głowica 2 osie.JPG   głowica 2 osie do elte-1.JPG  

Smile Bartuss sets the standard for BIG on CNCZONE

Bartuss1,

We must compliment you and your team for putting together such a nice machine. Very good engineering and rather amazing to see something like this assembled in an outside environment. The welding job alone looks awesome. Lots of steel.

The stepper motors are huge and the machine looks extremely stiff. When you get the motors wired up post a video of the head moving around the machine everyone would like to see your 5 axis machine in motion. Great Job.

Congratulations.

CNCMAN172

When you get the motors wired up post a video of the head moving around the machine everyone would like to see your 5 axis machine in motion
    When I will end control cabinet on wheels...
    so... next, we will make same movies

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuss1 View Post
    sorry for the expression but it is a toy's and not the drive mechanism's, maybe its for little spindle
    My apologies to you sir. The link that I posted was not intended to imply that the small drives were for your very large machine. They are from the same site as the small machine that ghassall posted a photo of. These drives are for someone who has considered building a small 5 axis DIY machine. I see discussions about it on this site and knew where the photo came from.

Your design and component selections are certainly not in the same class of machine. I am very much impressed with your project and workmanship and have lots of interest in seeing more of it.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

software for 5 axis

What software will drive your 5 axis setup ... mach or.... something else, also Program will you use to generate 5 axis code. Delcam products?

p.s very nice build!

The big obstacle for most users that want to go 5 axis is not so much the build... there are so many vendors that can support that hardware and technical issues.. ie http://www.doughtydrive.com is good example that was brought up.

But it the cost of the application software to generate the g code at a econical diy level with good support to the public on cost effective budget.
    The only one that come to mind is….
    http://www.cnc-toolkit.com/ not sure which cad package it works best with? maybe some advanced users can comment?

Fyi here a example of http://www.doughtydrive.com/other.html circuit for 5axis

keep the pictures coming, what the gear ratio used on the b/c axis?

model of the project prepared in Mastercam, then post-processor creates G code and sends it to mach3 (or EMC2),
    gears of axis B and C is 1:3, stepper motor 50Nm, so torque output is 150Nm, also Z-axis has the same ratio as the unit weighs about 300kg, srew drive Z axis is trapezoidal fi 36mm's with a stroke of 6mm

Today's work

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5osi-55.jpg   5osi-54.jpg   5osi-53.jpg  

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by markcomp77 View Post
    I think the control cabinet on wheels will probably be a DeLorien complete with Flux Capacitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Groove
    Quote Originally Posted by markcomp77
    I think the control cabinet on wheels will probably be a DeLorien complete with Flux Capacitor.

of course -->> Flux Capacitor is planned
    Back to the Future - is needed

Wow, it's not hobby machine... if that's me with the size that big I will go around hunting job for it.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Bartuss-
    Are you using front wheel drive automotive bearings? It certainly appears that you are.

Very impressive build and I look forward to seeing videos of it in operation!

Keith

yes, this is rear wheel hub from Mondeo

Most setups have a spring loaded pinion to rack. Is that required or just preferred? The fab work so far looks top notch.

doesn't need, just a good fit, I tested a similar drive in the plasma cut

Most setups have a spring loaded pinion to rack. Is that required or just preferred?
    not
    required
    because of heavy burden YBC axis

Nice looking build.

What kind of power supplies are planning on using with these servos? I have some servos for my rebuild of my router that are 1kW continuous, ~11kW peak. 1kW is plenty of power for what I'm working on, but I'm also limited to around 1.5kW with the typical transformers and power supplies I can find.

Spring loaded pinions are typically used to reduce backlash. So a heavy axis doesn't help with that issue. Do you just plan to attach the pinion so it is pushed into the rack and taking up most of the backlash and readjust periodically to account for wear?

What kind of power supplies are planning on using with these servos?
    We are going to use BIG stepper motors

for ZBC 50Nm:
    http://forum-cnc.pl/index.php?topic=1003.0

for X1X2Y 28Nm:
    http://forum-cnc.pl/index.php?topic=759.0

as a stepper motor driver for X1X2YZBC - high voltage driver MAC2278
    http://forum-cnc.pl/index.php?topic=1008.0

I'm also limited to around 1.5kW with the typical transformers and power supplies I can find.
    I have 2kW toroid transformer (soft start etc)
    I will use 230/180 to lower max input voltage (max allowed is 230vac)
    (in EU mains is 230vac)

this 28Nm motor with powering about 250VDC (180VAC) rotate up to 30..40rot/sec
    and 50Nm up to about 20rot/sec

Page 2 of 10 1234