587,997 active members*
3,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Simple question regarding K16 programming

Simple question regarding K16 programming

I'm new to Citizen machinery, and trying to figure out programming quirks. Myself and some others have been hired to not only run the Citizens, but to also clean up programs, and make them more efficient. One thing we wish to do is have the tool information both in the setup sheet, and our program.

An example of the first few lines of code for one block may look like this:

( FACE) ;
    N1 ;
    T0300 (55 DEG TURN) ;
    (DCGT3(2.5)0(5)-AFV12K) ;

The machine did not like the last line sitting by itself, and gave me an alarm. I then tried changing it to read like this:

( FACE) ;
    N1 ;
    T0300 (55 DEG TURN=DCGT3(2.5)0(5)-AFV12K) ;

I know the = sign has uses in programming, but I was under the understanding that anything within ( ) will be ignored, since it's usually intended for comments. The machine gave me a different alarm, and still does not like something in this block's structure. I know for a fact that I can have just (55 DEG TURN), and not get any issues. I'm just stumped at the moment as to what difference is giving me alarms.

I was curious if using [ ] will give me a different effect, or get ignored as well. I'm trying to find something in the programming book for the machine on this, but have come up with nothing as of yet.

How can I have the tool info in the program while being ignored by the machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try removing the parenthesis inside parenthesis.

Im only marginally familiar with citizen controls and programming so take this with a grain of salt:

Why not just use the word "is", "use" or "insert" instead of "="?

Example:
    T0300 (55 DEG TURN)
    (INSERT-DCGT3(2.5)0(5)-AFV12K) ;

On Fanuc controls I once tried to put
    (USE SUB PROGRAM O5555)
    In the top of the program and it gave me an invalid program number alarm so I know at least with fanuc some things are not ignored inside of (). The = sign might also be one of those. It seems it is not being ignored in your case.

the brackets [] will not work to hide code. those are used in macro equations and anything inside of them will be read by the control.

So just dont use the = sign. Use a word instead.

Also agree with txcncman. get rid of the ((()))
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Thanks for the clarification on the use of the brackets [ ]. I had a feeling they were utilized for something in the coding. My thought was that I could use them instead of the multiple ( ). For example:

( FACE) ;
    N1 ;
    T0300 (DCGT3[2.5]0[5]-AFV12K) ;

I thought perhaps the control might overlook that, but I was suspicious that brackets were used as well for other things, and it would alarm again on me anyway.

The = sign I also figured was giving me trouble, so I wasn't surprised when you guys confirmed it.

Lose the extra parenthesis.. I've never seen an insert notatated that way anyway, ever. There are rules to the nomenclature for a reason.

Shrug.

Also on a citizen unless you're using a macro there is no sense in using the N block numbers.. program always starts from the beginning no matter what, its not like regular fanuc based machines where you can go to a certain point in the program in edit and then go to memeoru and start from that point.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of inner program 'clutter', imo you're going the opposite direction of efficient. Just my opinion though.

If you must put in the insert type you can get rid of the '55deg insert' line as the D in DCGT stands for 55 degree insert!

Eg.

T0300 (DCGT070202FN-JS SH730);
    ....code...

In Macro programmimg the statements inside () parenthesis CAN be seen. In your K16 machine the TOOL CALL is a macro and therefore it is possible for whatever you put in parenthesis to create a problem.
    Do NOT put the man-readables on the same line as your tool call. There are many other "Macro" commands that will give you the same problem. Most, if not all, are pointed out in the code-list given out by Citizen.