587,765 active members*
3,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Single key on keypad not responding properly.

Single key on keypad not responding properly.

We have an old VF2, 1992 vintage.

The "OFFSET" button on the keypad has stopped working properly. Sometimes if you press it just right and with just the right amount of (hard) pressure, it will work. We have tried swapping in a known working (and much newer) keypad and it does the same thing, although the newer keyboard does seem to work better. Wiggling of wires does not seem to change anything.

We've also swapped out the Keyboard Interface Board inside the control panel, with no change.

I know there is a keyboard/monitor board buried inside the back cabinet, I guess that is our next option. We have a donor parts machine so it's possible for us to swap that and see.

Just thought I'd put it out there if anyone may have any other suggestions.

Re: Single key on keypad not responding properly.

Quote Originally Posted by laka View Post
    We have an old VF2, 1992 vintage.

The "OFFSET" button on the keypad has stopped working properly. Sometimes if you press it just right and with just the right amount of (hard) pressure, it will work. We have tried swapping in a known working (and much newer) keypad and it does the same thing, although the newer keyboard does seem to work better. Wiggling of wires does not seem to change anything.

We've also swapped out the Keyboard Interface Board inside the control panel, with no change.

I know there is a keyboard/monitor board buried inside the back cabinet, I guess that is our next option. We have a donor parts machine so it's possible for us to swap that and see.

Just thought I'd put it out there if anyone may have any other suggestions.
    Swap the keyboard should be the best solution.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html