588,657 active members*
5,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

RFQ closing?

How long will this RFQ be open. Please let us all know.

Thank You,

Dan

I don't have a definitive closing date although I do plan on beginning the final review of the short list soon. I was tied up all last week machining parts for a rush job. I also don't want to rush the selection as I am hoping to establish an ongoing relationship.

I have received some quotes that I believe I can work with, but I still have to sit down and make sure that the price shipped to my door allows me a decent retail margin. These are not parts unique to my business so the price points are already set. I used to make them in house but have moved away from machining steel/stainless for the time being. Many of my customers still require this and other parts so I'd like to continue being able to supply them.

Quote Originally Posted by universalfab View Post
    from what I see here what your asking for is a quote for 1 and if it works out well you'd like 10-50 with different designs.

Just to clarify in case anyone else is under this assumption. I do not want one piece. I would like quotes for 25, 50 and 100 units. If all goes well I have 10-50 others items that I would also be needing on a regular basis in similar quantities. Each individual part would be quoted separately.

I specifically choose the part for this RFQ because it is the part I'm having the hardest time finding competitive pricing for. My theory is that if a shop/individual can make these at a price that works for me, then I will also be happy with the price for my other items.

the best way to start quoting is having the right software for jobs like this. Its easy, fast and very accurate. Let me know if you guys are interested
    [email protected]

Ok, how about you just get out in the open what you want to pay for these things... Let me know and I might be able to help you out if you'd like. I thought my $8.00 a part quote was a fair price, obviously you think thats too high or you would've jumped on it and actually taken your time to work out the kinks in this business transaction instead of counting me out before you clariffy what you actually want. I'm a reasonable guy and don't mind working pricing with my costummers, but it kind of looks like your looking for a third world country to do these for you, I hope I'm not right...

Quote Originally Posted by levelzero View Post
    Just to clarify in case anyone else is under this assumption. I do not want one piece. I would like quotes for 25, 50 and 100 units. If all goes well I have 10-50 others items that I would also be needing on a regular basis in similar quantities. Each individual part would be quoted separately.

I specifically choose the part for this RFQ because it is the part I'm having the hardest time finding competitive pricing for. My theory is that if a shop/individual can make these at a price that works for me, then I will also be happy with the price for my other items.

I don't think criticizing a potential customer is a good way to get work. I thought his original post was clear as to what he wanted. $8 per part? You must be donating your labor! I can't believe you can cover material cost and shipping from Arizona to Canada while maintaining .005 tolerances and fully machined profiles for $8 each. Seems like someone is underbidding to get work and then going to try and weasel a higher price out of his customer later. Bad business IMHO! Your attitude is probably what is putting you out of the running for this job!!!

Daniel Luebke

Daniel Lubes your a morron, for one you don't even know what the full quote was. Secondly you don't know what equipment I'm equipped with to do the job. And FYI if you raise price on a quote your costumer is going to tell you to go to hel!. A quoted price is the price it will be, not as you call it "weaseling". That $8.00 a part was just for labor, nothing else, no material or shipping. You should definately mind your own business and worry about your own self. No sweat off my back not to get this job, my attitude is I'm giving them a deal, it's a win win for everybody. What's wrong with that? Oh, I know what's wrong with that, you can't compete. Is original post was far from clear, also sounds like your sucking major butthole to get this job, get a life and mind your own business and keep your comments to your self.
    Jim at Universal Precision Machine

QUOTE=captainDL;684946]I don't think criticizing a potential customer is a good way to get work. I thought his original post was clear as to what he wanted. $8 per part? You must be donating your labor! I can't believe you can cover material cost and shipping from Arizona to Canada while maintaining .005 tolerances and fully machined profiles for $8 each. Seems like someone is underbidding to get work and then going to try and weasel a higher price out of his customer later. Bad business IMHO! Your attitude is probably what is putting you out of the running for this job!!!

Daniel Luebke[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your well stated opinion. I in fact am not sucking up to get this job. Judging by your $8 quote I am pretty sure I won't, so please continue bad mouthing anyone who doesn't agree with you or your ideas! Check your own posts to see sucking up, admitting to adjusting prices after getting the job, and by quoting 50 pcs. it shows you understood this was more than a one part deal. Sorry to point out your errors, but you seem like a cool, calm and level-headed person who can see my points. Thank you.

Dan Luebke

No Dan I never adjusted the price for that quantity of 50. What I did do was quote him for 1 part, which is the way I took the RFQ in the first place, but also just for the heck of it I threw out a quote for a quantity of 50. Obviously the price for 1 is going to be more then 50, so in no way do I consider that adjusting a quoted price. I have made no mistakes as I made clearly that Level Zero did'nt RFQ correctly from the begining. I also recommend you be carefull what you say because IMHO you slandered me, saying things to this whole community that was none of your business your complete opinion that you put out as a fact and on top of that you did'nt even know any facts of what I quoted except for the $8.00 a part. I'm not trying to start a pis$ing contest with you, but when you try to slander my credibility as a business man I do take offense, especially when you had no facts what so ever. Please be carefull what you say to people and treat others how you would like to be treated and mind your own business.
    Jim at Universal Precision Machine

Quote Originally Posted by captainDL View Post
    Thank you for your well stated opinion. I in fact am not sucking up to get this job. Judging by your $8 quote I am pretty sure I won't, so please continue bad mouthing anyone who doesn't agree with you or your ideas! Check your own posts to see sucking up, admitting to adjusting prices after getting the job, and by quoting 50 pcs. it shows you understood this was more than a one part deal. Sorry to point out your errors, but you seem like a cool, calm and level-headed person who can see my points. Thank you.

Dan Luebke

To maintain professionalism I would take your argument to private messages unless you desire the attention of fighting in public. Then you should call each, go inside a wal-mart, and place each other on speaker phone and have at it. Just please don't go to any wal-marts near the triad section of NC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlowRiderr View Post
    To maintain professionalism I would take your argument to private messages unless you desire the attention of fighting in public. Then you should call each, go inside a wal-mart, and place each other on speaker phone and have at it. Just please don't go to any wal-marts near the triad section of NC.

Thanks
    I disagree, I find the arguments quite entertaining. In a world of political correctness, I respect people that have the desire to speak up. Nice to know what people really think. I wish politicians would be forced to speak what they really thought, not what people wanted to hear.

Page 2 of 2 12