588,169 active members*
4,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Software Update

I have a newer version of my EZTrak software that I need to install on my machine. I have installed and updated OS and applications softwares on my desktop computer, is the process the same for the EZTrak? Is it an auto execute file. The disk has "Update/Install" on it. Could someone give me a step by step explanation of how to update using this disk?

What version is it?
    How old is your machine?
    Some versions work better on the older machines while others can work on the newer machines.
    You will need a full size keyboard.
    I hope it is a good disk with nothing missing. Do you also have the original version disk? What version is that? Just in case it is a very old EZTRAK with a older version of DOS onit.
    ALL of the newer versions have some bugs in them. Version 5 is probably the least buggy of the newer versions.
    Version 6 and 7 could do engraving.
    Version 7 (maybe 6 also) could import DXF files but with limitations.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

My machine is a '96 or '97 EZTrak. I use a keyboard regularly with the machine. I am running version 5 now and but now I have a new version 6. I had a service tech who happen to be in my area and was kind enough to install version 5 for me. But now I have this version 6 along with the desktop version and I would like to start using it. I have installed the desktop version on my computer already. It's great being able to program from my desk, but I am just a little hesitant to install the new version on my machine simply because I haven't done it before. I sure don't need to mess-up any machine parameters or anything else that could shut me down. I just need to do a quick upgrade so I can keep right on making chips.

If it is a good disk:
    Get to DOS,the root directory, C prompt.
    Put floppy in A drive.
    Call up A drive.
    Do a DIR of the A drive to make sure it has a install.bat file.
    Type in a:install.bat and press enter.
    You have to pick a machine by 2 or 3 axis/floppy in back or side, etc.
    It should update your hard drive to version 6.
    Be careful as the first field in the canned cycles will NOT automatically clear as you type in data. I find that a pain.
    I have been told that engraving in DO EVENT is not very reliable. In MDI it works well but leave the full size keyboard attached as it is a lot easier to use.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

on the subjest of updates. Can the Eztrak Controls and software be replaced or upgraded with a more up to date system from Harding? etc. What controls lend themselves to the eztrak conversational programing envirnment?

When we were still a Bridgeport dealer, they were making improvements to the control, such as a LCD color display and a better keyboard. They used a CIB (control in a box from Computer Express with a newer half size mother board that supported the LCD. We have not been an authorized dealer for about 6 months since Hardinge purchased Bridgeport.
    The last that I heard was that Hardinge had a falling out with Computer Express and were installing a Accurite control on the EZtraks with linear scales. This is unsubstantiated data untill I see it with my own eyes.
    The EZ-SPS-MILL conversational software was intended to be installed on a PC as you have done and on the V2XT and there was a newer version for the VMCs with the control in a box. The finished program needed editing to start the spindle (among oyher things). The EZTRAK and V2XT use a manual switch spindle start.

George

Where could i find this software "EZ-SPS-MILL "as we had bought a used 2002 2 axis Eztrak (color display) version 7. and it did not come with the machine.

I would like to be able to have this available to the machine shop so that they are not using cut time as program time.
    My Bests,

Glenn Davis
    General Manager
    Engineering & Machining
    Lacefield Plastic LLC
    www.lacefieldplastics.com
    1148 West 3050 South Unit D
    Ogden, Utah 84401
    (P) 801-394-4990
    (F) 801-394-4247

The complete lack of customer support, wanting to be paid for software updates (that don't work), no return emails, faxes, etc. is the very reason you'll never find a Bridgeport / Hardinge product in my shop again............. Leader CNC

Quote Originally Posted by MrMudd View Post
    Where could i find this software "EZ-SPS-MILL "as we had bought a used 2002 2 axis Eztrak (color display) version 7. and it did not come with the machine.

I would like to be able to have this available to the machine shop so that they are not using cut time as program time.
    Hello Did you finnish up getting a copy of the offline program if so could you let me know where from as it's not avaliable in the UK thanks Colin. email [email protected]