587,546 active members*
3,561 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle Start Time out

Hi,
    I have a LeBlond Makino FNC-156 w/Fanuc OM-B Control. We can start the spindle in MDI and the correct RPM is displayed on the control, but after 15-30 seconds we get spindle start time out #1024 and #1023 or #1025. It doesn't seem to be getting the SSAR signal. Is this caused by the orientation sensor or maybe the spindle encoder?

Thanks
    Jon

Very often the small output relays on the drive fail, zero speed, up-to speed etc. Depending on the drive they are usually 24vdc printed circuit relays and usually can be obtained from Newark or electronic supply houses.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Here is some more information. I mentioned that the spindle doesn't stay on, also manual tool clamp/unclamp can't be performed, spindle range can't be changed high/low. All of this is related somehow. The spindle orientation board has a test mode and by going into test mode and performing M19 and exiting test mode will clear up the problem and everything work ok for awhile. Also entering/exiting test mode can cause the problem to re-occur.

Angry More problems with tool change in high range

After a complete ajustment of the orientation board, the spindle alarms have stopped, however when changing tools in high range, the spindle moves slightly when clamping and unclamping the tool. This seems to be causing the tool change arm to get hung up. If there are no tools in place and a tool change is performed there is no movement of the spindle.

What could be the cause of the spindle moving? It's like the orientation is released before the tool change is completed.

Thanks for any input

Jon

I do not know much but sounds to me like you have a mechanical problem on the spindle, probably the coupling or a gear.

good luck!

check the tool tabs on the atc arm to make sure they aren t broken or cracked , we had a similar problem with the tool not hitting into place properly but dropping the tool on the part when the arm retracted , turns out that the tool tab on the arm was broke