587,786 active members*
2,581 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprutcam7 Invalid pointer operation

Sprutcam7 Invalid pointer operation

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I am having this problem.
    I import a STL file, sew, set CS (G54), enter few operation and run simulation without any issues. I change / add a second CS (G55) add say waterline operation without any issues but when I try to add another operation and I go to select faces or edges for the operation it will randomly highligh / select an edge or surface by itself and will not allow me to select my own surfaces or edges. The only way I can move forward is by exiting sprutcam7 at which time I get the Invalid Pointer Operation massage. Any input is welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by am64 View Post
    I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I am having this problem.
    I import a STL file, sew, set CS (G54), enter few operation and run simulation without any issues. I change / add a second CS (G55) add say waterline operation without any issues but when I try to add another operation and I go to select faces or edges for the operation it will randomly highligh / select an edge or surface by itself and will not allow me to select my own surfaces or edges. The only way I can move forward is by exiting sprutcam7 at which time I get the Invalid Pointer Operation massage. Any input is welcomed.
    Can you import an iges rather than stl? Try that.
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Both file formats do the same.

It doesnt sound like exactly the same issue, but sometimes I cannot select edges or faces after using sprut for a while and I have to go back to the "Model" tab and re select the imported file underneath the "part" folder icon. If the "part" folder icon is selected instead, I can't select anything except the entire part.
    It shifts back to the "Part" by itself (or so it seems, could be my fault somehow)