I am picking up my Laguna IQ Pro next week, and I need to build a stand for it. Since I'm building it myself, I can build it however I want it. Now I just need to figure out how I want it.

Since I have never had a CNC, I'm not sure about the best way to design the stand, so I'm looking for tips from some of you who might have some wisdom to pass along. Here's what I know:

1. My machine is a Laguna IQ Pro. The machine footprint is 52" long and 40" wide, not including the controller. The controller is a B&R controller. The picture below is close to what I'm getting, although Laguna has re-designed the gantry arms to make them stronger, and the arms stick out another 1-1/2" or so beyond shown in the photo.

2. My shop is a three-car garage. It's already fully occupied with my woodworking tools. To create space for the router, I'm going to have to rip out a built-in workbench on one side of my shop. That will give me plenty of space for the router. However, space is at a premium.

3. In a perfect world, I would like to be able to have the stand be mobile. The space where I'm putting the router is tucked away in a corner, and while I can work with it there, it will certainly be convienient if I can pull the machine out into an open workspace when needed.

4. I don't believe in wasted space, so the stand will have a built-in cabinet of some sort.

5. Due to space, I would prefer not to make a stand so large that both the router and the controller fit on the top of the stand. To do that, the table on the stand would need to be about 60" wide, which is too much. I would prefer to have the router on a stand, and then have the controller somewhere else -- either underneath the router on a shelf, or maybe on a separate rolling stand or something. Is it workable to put the controller in the cabinet that is at the base of the stand? Would it be best to put it on some type of pullout shelf? Or better on a separate rolling stand?

6. Keeping in mind that the spindle on this unit is water-cooled, I'll need a place for the bucket of water. That'll probably go in the cabinet base of the stand.

Those are my thoughts so far. Can anyone offer some recommendations? Perhaps some pics of the stand you use for your benchtop CNC, and what you would change about it if you were building it again?

Thanks!