588,137 active members*
6,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Standard CNC 2448 Build with Nema 23 pre-wired controller box.

Standard CNC 2448 Build with Nema 23 pre-wired controller box.

Hello All, Even though this is a New machine for me, I have helped friends of mine build several different cnc machines in the past, this is how i figured out what machine is the best to go with and which is why I went with CNC Router parts. Ahren and corey are great, I love the machine however looking inside their pre-wired nema 23 box I can see that they went with a custom design all in one breakout board that is connected to the smooth stepper, it has three relays attacked to it as well as all axises for homing etc. When I go into mach 3 ports and pins i can see that output #1 pin 17 is set up for the spindle. I can see at the top of the board there are several spots for quick connectors only the only connector that is there for use is of course the power connector where the 5 volts hook up at to power the board. Since this is a custom design board there is no documentation on the crp 560 00f anywhere. Now i am pretty smart and can figure out most things myself, in the beginning i struggled a bit because i have never used a smooth stepper and have been using kflop on other machines more recently so i had to familiarize myself with mach3 again. So up to date i have built the crp2448, didn't need shimming what so ever, nice and true and square as can be. I have the machine running, got past the smooth stepper, managed to swap the x and b (slave axis) and the Y axis around so that the Y is long wise and the X is left and right and of course the slave axis (b) is now following Y instead of X but now i need either a little documentation on the break out board or a little help. I am trying to figure out how to do just two things, I plan on hooking up a touch off plate for the z axis and I plan to hook up my spindle. Turns out a friend of the family is a licensed electrician and he is wiring my shop with 220 single phase, he has experience wiring spindles and vfd's because thats i pretty large part of his job, now he hasnt started yet and hasnt even looked into the prewired controller box as of yet but it would be nice to have some type of diagram on that board for when he gets to that point, it would make me feel better. Now on an older cnc machine with a parallel port c-10 break out board, i could go to a pin and wire the touch off plate with two wires, one to the alligator clip and the other to the board, however i have no documentation to this board so i am looking at this controller box as something that i cannot add to without help, can i get some help from someone here that can shed some light on the crp 560 00F break out board? After i get this spindle working and touch off plate ill be a happy camper! I have came an awful long way all by myself and just need a little insite. Now Ahren mentioned something about the 3rd relay set aside on that board for the spindle, is that all i have to do is go to that relay? is that relay set up on pin 17 output #1 ?......And a touch off plate would be great as well, infact i plan on purchasing that really nice one that cncrouter parts has but i still need to know where to hook it up at, I really like that all in one board they have designed but the biggest flaw that i see is there is no documentation on that board.

Re: Standard CNC 2448 Build with Nema 23 pre-wired controller box.

Jerry,

I'll send you an email with some of our internal documentation on the CRP560 board that can help you with this. We currently only have this board in our pre-wired systems so don't have a polished manual for it at the moment. That being said, you can do everything you want to do with it. In general, if you have questions about any of our products feel free to contact us directly.

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Re: Standard CNC 2448 Build with Nema 23 pre-wired controller box.

That would be wonderful Ahren, thank you very much, I have been working long hours here lately and havent been able to use the phone, against company policy and as a seasonal local union member now that i am back to work ill be putting in long hours only leaving the weekends open. I know you guys are closed on the weekend so I was looking for answers here being the weekend. This table rocks Ahren, very happy with it, i havent seen a cnc table this square. This table did not need any shimming what so ever, very square and from what i can see is right on the money, just trying to get the cutter cutting, lol....